The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Just an observation...

CNN fucking loves headlines like this one on their front page today:
Why this lifelong Republican is voting Democrat in Georgia
Anything showing "right wing", "Republican", "conservative", etc. showing support for Dems has got to easily be their most common theme for headlines.

I would bet my house Fox does the same shit.

I really don't understand how a logical and sane human being can expose themselves to one of these sites daily and think they're getting unbiased news.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The key tweet is the one with the correction.

It's funny that the police said he had a knife from day 1, yet the WaPo, and other MSM outlets, decided instead to push the story that he was unarmed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Don Lemon continues to be a racist, baiting prick.

We need the Don Lemons, Neal Cavutos, and so on removed from MSM. At the very least, they need to stop being advertised as legit sources of news or intelligent, informed discussion.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Meet Max Boot, professional dumbass.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

History repeats itself?

Is it ok for the president to lie? Is it ok for others to repeat lies? Should it be ok?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

My take from that, is the most coveted prize in journalism is named after a guy who lied to sell papers.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 pm Is it ok for the president to lie?
Has a president ever not lied? (Not just being snarky, it's also a legit question.)
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 pm Is it ok for others to repeat lies?
People repeat lies daily. Every pundit lies by spinning facts to fit the narrative they want to push. Every news outlet has been caught doing that at best and outright lying at worst.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 pmShould it be ok?
That all depends. Some lies are not only fine, they're completely accepted by everyone. Most of the world lies around the end of December and I don't think most anyone has a problem with it.

The way Trump took things to an extreme is not ok, but putting the government in charge of determining what's true and what isn't is a terrible solution.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

This CNN story is getting annihilated by other news outlets...including CNN and Dr. Fauci...

Turns out, it is complete bullshit.

It's either spin by CNN done because they are completely biased OR Biden's team manipulated them into lowering the bar for expectations. Take your pick.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

We're going to go back to "the economy unexpectedly lower than estimates" again, soon.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

A global pandemic, a revolution on Wall Street, a probably illegal response to that revolution, an impeachment, and CNN uses it's entire "top headlines" area to post opinion and analysis pieces bashing the GOP and Fox News.

Go fuck yourselves CNN. You're part of the problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The CNN headline:
An estimated 29 million people would lose out on stimulus payments under GOP proposal
The link.

Who are those 29 million people?
The GOP plan would cut off cash for individuals earning more than $50,000 a year and couples earning more than $100,000
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

On one hand, ya, that makes sense. If you are making that much, you don't need it. On the other hand, I've been giving money to freeloaders for a very long time. I'd like a handout too. Except I'm the one paying it back again. Or something. I don't know. It's all fucked. In the end, I'm still giving free money to freeloaders. Got an email from the Sec of State letting me know that the techs that didn't take my phone calls when we started back to work because they wanted to stay on unemployment are going to get another 11 weeks of it. So that's cool. Wife says "At least it's not impacting our account" which is true, because the "state is paying for all COVID related work loss", but that money is still coming from somewhere, which is me.

Hurray for a broken system that supports freeloaders and punishes people that try. All these freeloaders are lucky there are people willing to work harder to overcome the hardships they are putting on people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 pm I'd like a handout too.
PPP? :)
Cakedaddy

The MSM

Post by Cakedaddy »

But I still feel like I'm paying that back, even though, odds are, I won't be. But I guess, as long as I don't get put in a higher tax bracket, my taxes won't go up, and I was going to pay those anyway, I'm not paying it back? Except, my taxes are as high as they are because of free money for people, and who's to say my taxes won't go up in coming year(s) because of all these handouts. Bottom line, I'm paying it back.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's Top Headline:
House GOP is racing toward its extremist fringe
Second headline, literally right under that one, and it takes you to the same article:
The struggle for the future direction of the Republican Party exploded in a manic way on Wednesday
Once you click into the article, here's the actual article's headline:
A wild day that defined the Republican Party
It is an opinion piece, which is not labeled anywhere.

The real story:
-Rs voted to side with Cheney, and like Catt pointed out elsewhere, only 1/3 voted against her.
-Rs minority leader is being cowardly and deferred to the Dems to start a vote to remove MTG from her committees.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Stay classy WaPo!

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Well, they're not wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

FYI, they changed it pretty quickly.