The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

CENSORSHIP
When Facebook tweaked its newsfeed algorithm in 2017 to reduce the visibility of political news, the company’s engineers intentionally designed the system to disproportionately impact left-leaning outlets, effectively choking off their traffic in the process.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

If it's not, what is it?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN's front page is almost all election propaganda. Very few actual news stories. I assume Fox is the same way.

I cannot wait until this election is over so we can go back to simply getting news.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: CNN's front page is almost all election propaganda. Very few actual news stories. I assume Fox is the same way.

I cannot wait until this election is over so we can go back to simply getting news.
They are both garbage. I clicked just to look the other day. It's like parallel universes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Has anyone ever tried BBC or Al Jazera(Sp?)?

I've heard the BBC is slanted as well, but apparently Al Jazera might be the most unbiased news source on the planet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I mostly read ABCNews and WSJ online.

I clicked on Al Jazeera, but it didn't say much about the US, and kept talking about other countries.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Shit, that is awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Jeffrey Toobin "accidentally" exposes himself during Zoom call and gets suspended.

This is CNN's version of the event and a change from their original story that just said Jeffrey Toobin asked for time off.

Fox News is there to call bullshit and says Toobin was masturbating on the call. They are citing the New Yorker and Vice's coverage and they are pretty far left, so CNN is clearly trying to cover this up.

This is where my Media Watchdog idea would come in handy. CNN would face a punishment and a lower ranking on the credibility scale for attempting to cover up the facts of a story.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

"Not censorship"

Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

What in the world happened with Fox News and Arizona. CNN still hasn't called it, and there's lots of votes outstanding. Fox had Arizona to Biden SO early and wouldn't budge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I dunno, the WSJ went AZ-Biden as well, but I guess they are owned by the same people, so maybe it's just the same decision.

I've been using this as my guide, which shows GA, AZ, and NV as leaning Blue, but undecided. PA is pretty solidly Blue, but not definitive.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

The race to be first? I genuinely don't know, but it was a huge mistake.

Even saw insane right wingers on Twitter calling them a liberal news outlet. How fucking far right do you have to be to call Fox News liberal?
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: I dunno, the WSJ went AZ-Biden as well, but I guess they are owned by the same people, so maybe it's just the same decision.

I've been using this as my guide, which shows GA, AZ, and NV as leaning Blue, but undecided. PA is pretty solidly Blue, but not definitive.
I haven't understood why PA has stayed so blue on predictions until they showed the voter turnout in Philadelphia in 2016 to what has come in so far in 2020. There are a few 100k Biden votes out there. Possibly more with how much better he ran in Detroit and other metro areas.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I went to abcnews.com and foxnews.com and not a single story (above the fold) was about Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I went to abcnews.com and foxnews.com and not a single story (above the fold) was about Trump.
First time in 4 years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I went to abcnews.com and foxnews.com and not a single story (above the fold) was about Trump.
First time in 4 years.
ngl, It felt good.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
First time in 4 years.
ngl, It felt good.
I said a while back that the best part of Trump losing would be no more constant negative Trump news.

The MSM's treatment of Biden, so far, has been all positive. Not Obama's 1st term levels of hyperbole, but I've haven't seen a negative article yet. I know that's not shocking, and very expected post-Trump, but we'll see if they get critical come year 2.