The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know the 7.5 hours missing from Trump's phone log that these people are referencing?

Turns out, the phone records are complete and nothing is missing.

Yay the MSM's constant strategy of "Report first, investigate later".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:23 am CNN+ is doing very poorly.
I've never heard of it before this article, so...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Twitter is filled with takes on Elon buying it. This one made me laugh a lot. He's either outright lying or absolutely ignorant and didn't bother doing any research. Either way, the MSM sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The narrative:
"White supremacy is the most dangerous issue this country faces."
"Mass shootings are a white people thing."

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Huh. I was not aware of that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Weird. According to FoxNews there are no Jan 6th hearings going on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was not surprised to hear Fox News wouldn't air it live. Although, I would be curious to see if their ratings suffered because of that choice. And you made me look, so I'm also not surprised to see that it was the 8th headline down their front page. Meanwhile, over at CNN, it is their front page spanning headline. Their top 15 headlines are about it and include one that is a shot at Fox News' coverage.

Fox ignoring it is disgusting and says all we need to know about them. CNN's coverage is just as telling though. It's just a big ass game of division that both outlets and their ilk are playing. Nobody actually cares about truth, and certainly neither actually care about the average American citizen, just our eyes and wallets.

Truth be told, I thought the choice to hold it during prime time was a pretty blatant political stunt. This was an unorganized and unarmed mob of Trumplicans that had zero power to do shit, not a well orchestrated coup pulled off by an elite military unit that went rogue or acted upon the orders of a treasonous president. More people died, more violence committed, more stuff burned to the ground, and more danger to our democracy took place in the summer of 2020. However, Ds openly supported that violence (including murder and arson), so the way they're treating Jan 6th is extremely hypocritical and telling. The violence is fine when it's their constituents threatening innocents. It is not fine when the violence is aimed at them. I mean, poor AOC was a mile and a half away, yet still suffers from PTSD...

(Side note: This whole thing is such a great example of how slowly the government moves too. If the party in charge can't hold hearings faster than a year and a half later on something so "critical"...)

That being said, I'm down for anything that hurts Trump's political clout. He needs to be out of U.S. politics forever.

Who do you think is "winning" this story more: Ds, Cheney, or Pence?

I'm going with Pence, although I don't think it will help his political career. It should up his odds on the speaking circuit when his book "The Man Who Saved Democracy" comes out. (Seriously, how does he not cash in that way?)

In other MSM news, Washington Post fires a journalist.

Based on this story alone, I think the Post appears to be in the right here. Ms. Sonmez seems like she's "woke as fuck" and completely ignorant. Not sure what world she lives in where harassing co-workers online and getting internet strangers to do the same is the correct course of action in this, or really most, situations.

"I work in a hostile workplace because of comments like the one that got a guy suspended for a month, so logically the correct solution is to make life completely hostile for all my co-workers whether they are guilty or not."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This and Depp/Heard made me forget about the highest energy prices since Carter, for five minutes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Americans are #1...in not trusting the media.

That's a Daily Wire article pulled from the Twitters that was in my drafts for some time. Still, the numbers are all taken from the actual Reuters story, so they are legit and not slanted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN piece explaining how an inexperienced candidate slipping up on how many states there are matters.

While also, hilariously, justifying it when an inexperienced candidate named Obama did it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN calls out a D group for lies about Boebert.

I'm not a fan of Boebert, but credit given where it's due. Nice to see anyone in the MSM holding people accountable these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trump's election lawyer has his phone seized by feds. (Rightly so and I hope it leads something negative for Trump.)

That's one of the three top headlines on CNN. Not there is the release of an actual Biden voicemail from Hunter's laptop that "didn't exist":
Joe's been lying about what he knew regarding Hunter and China.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN piece says SCOTUS is pushing "a divided nation to the breaking point".

Really? I can name one other entity that has divided America far, far more than any SCOTUS ruling...

I mean, just a few headlines away is another opinion piece warning about what SCOTUS is going to take away next.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Welcome to Q-Anon.