The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Headline on CNN today. HEADLINE.
'SNL' unveils new game show 'Republican or Not'
Not only is it a headline, but it's also in their "Trending" at the top of the page.

But they're not biased!

Onto a legit good story that gets really close to hitting the correct mark:
CNN opinion piece about two FOX contributors who quit after some film Tucker Carlson made. (Patriot Purge is the film and I had no idea it existed, but if their description is accurate it sounds like pure propaganda.)

These two guys are awesome for walking from a paying gig to protest, and I really appreciate CNN including this part of their statement:
"Fox News still does real reporting, and there are still responsible conservatives providing valuable opinion and analysis," the men wrote. "But the voices of the responsible are being drowned out by the irresponsible," and Carlson is the case in point.
All of these MSM outlets, left and right, still have people doing their jobs, but they're being overshadowed by the talking heads of Carlson, Lemon, Cooper, and so on. Those voices are the loudest, get the most coverage, and for a lot of people are the news. There's a place for them in our world, but it shouldn't be on a "news" network.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN's fifth headline this morning:

Analysis: There's nothing more frightening in America today than an angry White man

This entire article is someone with a voice painting a large group of people as villains simply based on their skin color. I swear there's a word for that.

It's written by a black man.

Then there's my favorite part:
It's not the "radical Islamic terrorist" that I fear the most. Nor is it the brown immigrant or the fiery Black Lives Matter protester, or whatever the latest bogeyman is that some politician tells me I should dread.
The entire left side of the political spectrum has very clearly made whitey public enemy #1 for years now. I highly, highly, highly doubt a black man writing for CNN is listening to politicians whose message is that immigrants, Muslims, or BLM protesters are "the latest bogeyman".

Actual undisputed fact: The #1 killer of black men (aged 15-34) is black men. By a lot. Even before and after those ages "homicide" is way too high on the list.

Actual undisputed fact: Black people kill more white people annually than vice versa. You know how police actually kill more white people than black people each year, but it's always pointed that there are fewer black people overall, so the percentage is higher? Isn't it interesting that logic is never applied to this fact?

But yes, "angry white guy" is the real bogeyman according to your, *sarcasm* not at all biased or self-serving, opinion.

Someone please explain to me how this shit isn't as divisive as anything Fox does. CNN plays the "we're morally better than them" card on a daily basis, yet here we are...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Totally unrelated question to my post above this, but how is Chris Cuomo still on CNN nightly?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's about vengeance for the past.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN heard me wondering how Chris Cuomo still has a job there.

Now will it be an actual review or a "wink wink, nudge nudge" review?

I, personally, would use this as an excuse to dump him no matter what. The new owners don't like talking heads anyway, his ratings aren't awesome, and the optics of him being around considering everything his brother did are bad for the network and the political party. Not to mention how strongly CNN campaigned for Fox News to take action on its talking heads and executives after accusations.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Chris Cuomo suspended indefinitely.

According to reporters and talking heads at all the other networks, right and left leaning, what he was doing should end his career. It's the height of being unethical in media.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This tweet is so toxic that left and right wing Twitter are coming together to trash him for it.

I'm shocked he's been shitcanned by every network he worked for being someone nobody could stand. (ESPN fired him more than once.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd go with "Probably" and "No", but it's interesting the same outlet used both of those headlines.

"No bias"

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN rightly calling out FOX talking heads for violent language.

Although, to be fair, CNN also called out FOX for O'Reilly sex scandal despite FOX immediately terminating him. Meanwhile, CNN let Chris Cuomo stay on the air for months after he was exposed for helping to intimidate and bullying people his brother sexually assaulted, only acting when public uproar got too great. They also barely admitted that one of their highest ranking producers was just arrested as a pedo who had way too much money (where did it come from?) and was training/grooming kids ala Epstein.

Both networks seem to be completely ignoring that the biggest pedo trial in history is going on and there is a list with hundreds or more names on it of celebrities and public officials who were clients of Epstein. So I think both networks should just shut the fuck up about which one is more truthful or "better".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN hammering Palin for flaunting covid rules.

Rightly so, as rules for us should be followed by them as well. However, I wish all MSM outlets would hammer both parties when they think the rules don't apply and not just the one they aren't aligned with.

CNN headline and opinion piece defending Biden's hot mic moment the other day and distancing him from this Trump-like behavior.

Seriously, can we stop pretending Biden and Trump aren't basically the same?
-Both are old as hell
-Both are crotchety
-Both are rich
-Both are white
-Both are men
-Both are out of touch
-Both do things for the benefit of themselves and their families
-Both suck as public speakers
-You wouldn't let either babysit your daughter
-Both have sexual misconduct accusations in their past
-Both are probably racist and have hints in their words and past
-Neither should have been allowed anywhere near the White House
-Both are shitty presidents
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Only posting this because the "non-violent danger" line being pushed by many outlets is ludicrous.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

What's the point of even being a CEO then? ;)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:50 pm What's the point of even being a CEO then?
Public opinion: You disgusting person. These people are in positions of power and should not use them for personal gain!

Private opinion: Right?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

2020s. There's no longer any such thing as a consenting adult, only various degrees of victims.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No shit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

If they had facts, no one would watch.
It's not me, it's someone else.