Post by GORDON »

Not in Toledo.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM (Main Stream Media)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:41 pm Unbiased reporting is dead.
Newspapers.
Our local fish wrapper was never unbiased.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Newspaper helped start the Spanish American War, with the fake news.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The R candidate beat out the D candidate for governor in Virginia last night and Ds are struggling in races across the country.

MSNBC's top headline: Glenn Youngkin’s victory proves white ignorance is a powerful weapon

(Side note: MSNBC's front page makes Fox News look unbiased...)

Shapiro, who I disagree with on many issues, hits the nail on the head here: For the record, this is VA's new Lt. governor.

Biden wins by 10 points and VA is progressive, but after rejecting one D candidate now they're a bastion of racism and ignorance?

CNN "analysis" (opinion) piece on the election results.
Guy Cecil, chairman of the Democratic group Priorities USA, said it was time for the party to come together.
"This election is a warning for all Democrats. While DC Democrats spent weeks fighting each other, Republicans were focused on mobilizing their base and peeling away voters from the Biden coalition using deceptive, divisive tactics," Cecil said.
"It's time to focus on what's next. Congressional Democrats must immediately pass the infrastructure and Build Back Better bills. We must begin tomorrow to consolidate and mobilize those who turned out to vote Democratic in 2020. And we must draw a sharp contrast between Democratic progress and Republican extremism."
Step 1 to fixing the Ds, imho, would be firing people like Mr. Cecil here. He is either a manipulative piece of shit trying to sway voters with divisive hate speech or he's a completely self unaware moron. Either way, he's not the answer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"We have to lie harder than they did."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pakistani journalist exposed illegal hunting by some well off Arabs. Now he's dead.

This is apparently not the first truth telling journalist to die there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN does a huge piece lavishing praise and love upon billionaire heiress' wedding.

Take note of who is officiating it. I had to go see if Fox covered it, and they did, but they only focused on the first public sighting of Newsom in two weeks.

Just a reminder that both sides serve rich masters and coverage by their respective propaganda outlets is based upon that. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 am ust a reminder that both sides serve rich masters and coverage by their respective propaganda outlets is based upon that
Well, one was covering it as a Style article, the other as politics.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 am ust a reminder that both sides serve rich masters and coverage by their respective propaganda outlets is based upon that
Well, one was covering it as a Style article, the other as politics.
Switch out Pelosi for Mitch McConnell and how do you think CNN covers it?

BTW, a huge style piece about a billionaire's wedding officiated by a powerful D when their leading heading is about how inflation is threatening to destroy the middle class and the Ds need to do something now? Meanwhile, their side of the political spectrum is all about inequality, holding billionaires to task, and yada yada yada.

Kind of tone deaf and hypocrticial.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am BTW, a huge style piece about a billionaire's wedding officiated by a powerful D when their leading heading is about how inflation is threatening to destroy the middle class and the Ds need to do something now?
I would guess the Style department exists on their own, to cover... Style. Not inflation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:40 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am BTW, a huge style piece about a billionaire's wedding officiated by a powerful D when their leading heading is about how inflation is threatening to destroy the middle class and the Ds need to do something now?
I would guess the Style department exists on their own, to cover... Style. Not inflation.
Then the headline and link shouldn't be in the "News" section...

Throw another excuse up here Psaki/McEnany, I mean Catt! :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is awesome for the headline alone.

The new boss of WB Discovery will be overseeing a lot, but he talks on CNN and news networks in general.

First, I love how Deadline points out the single thing he says about Fox News and puts it in their headline, but fails to mention everything else he says about news networks and how divisive they are. That's bias.

Second, I agree with his statement about Fox News, but it's equally true of MSNBC and CNN. These are all "shows" produced for their target audience to drive ratings and profits.

Third, I love his take on all the news networks and their impact on society. I hope he's not talking shit when he's implying that we would all be better off if they were just reporting facts again.

By the way, this is being reported by media watchdogs with reports that CNN is going to jettison "talent" and change a lot since their ratings suck and don't warrant the money that goes into the channel.

Catt, this worthy of a "remind me" for 5 years down the road?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:07 pm Third, I love his take on all the news networks and their impact on society. I hope he's not talking shit when he's implying that we would all be better off if they were just reporting facts again.
That would be nice. But no one cares about straight news. Doesn't get their emotions working.
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:07 pm Catt, this worthy of a "remind me" for 5 years down the road?
Up to you, I think nothing will change, and it's like lottery-ticket unlikely.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:29 pm But no one cares about straight news.
Because they're stupid.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:29 pm Doesn't get their emotions working.
Because it isn't propaganda. They should try turning on a nature documentary or read a book instead of getting worked up over something an R or D did.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:29 pm Up to you, I think nothing will change, and it's like lottery-ticket unlikely.
That's why I thought it might be. The general consensus I saw was, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Although, I might have a unique experience here working for a news station whose management was legit having discussions about the cost of their news room versus the ratings they were getting.

If people aren't tuning in for Lemon, Cooper, Carlson, etc. then why are they being paid and put in high value time slots?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The "here's our take on it" news media is a multi-billion dollar business.

Can you imagine what a 2-hour repeating "dry news" station would be? Yeah, a multi-million dollar business.

Their mission isn't to deliver facts. They don't mind delivering facts, but they wont if it interferes with their main business. Click click clikc $.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:37 pm The "here's our take on it" news media is a multi-billion dollar business.
Yeah, but let's call it opinion media.
GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:37 pm Can you imagine what a 2-hour repeating "dry news" station would be? Yeah, a multi-million dollar business.
How big did headline news get back in the day?
In May 2006, Headline Prime added an eponymous program hosted by conservative talk radio host Glenn Beck. Both Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck brought major ratings gains to Headline News, especially within the key demographics, although its daytime programming only saw modest increases. Exposed: The Extremist Agenda, a Glenn Beck special aired in November 2006, broke a million viewers and was the network's most-watched program of the year.[15] That year, HLN also launched a morning show hosted by Robin Meade, Robin & Company—which was later re-branded as Morning Express in 2007
Oh.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But hey, it's free.

And we all know the old saying... if it's free, then your eyeballs are the things being sold.

Stop selling your eyeballs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I loved headline news.

I would legit just leave it on and let it loop for hours while I was working or at home and not paying attention to the TV.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The top headline on Yahoo tonight: Sports stars reacting to the Rittenhouse verdict.

The fucking president's reaction is a secondary headline.

Please continue thinking the MSM isn't trying to divide us. Sure, it may not be for nefarious reasons, but division sells.

ESPN's top headline at the moment is also about the verdict. Our MSM wants to publish loads of negative opinions about a verdict that most Americans and legal experts seem to think was the correct one.

This is on a day when a story out of China that got WAY less press is about a professional athlete who, at best, has been "disappeared" by her own government. Her crime? Reporting that she was raped.

But yeah, let's get the uneducated opinion of a legal case from millionaire athletes who believe themselves to be oppressed. That's the real story today.

A zombie apocalypse could only improve the overall IQ level of this country.