The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

If you were worried that the MSM wouldn't treat Biden the same way they treated Trump, worry no more:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I'm 100% sure that Trump never played Mario Kart.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:07 am I'm 100% sure that Trump never played Mario Kart.
I'm 100% sure he's never done anything remotely cool.

I'm also 100% sure if he had done this exact same thing the headline would not have been so nice.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"5k new covid deaths as trump played video games, mostly women and children of color."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I had not heard the term Republican Pounce until this morning. Saw it because of this tweet (check the responses):
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I genuinely believe that if we stuck Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon into a death match promising the survivor gets to live, then killed the winner anyway, it would be a net positive for this country.

Sell it on PPV and give the proceeds to charity for even more positivity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:41 pm I genuinely believe that if we stuck Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon into a death match promising the survivor gets to live, then killed the winner anyway, it would be a net positive for this country.

Sell it on PPV and give the proceeds to charity for even more positivity.
Win win
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN personality calls FOX personality the "next Trump".

These two asshat organizations constantly attacking one another is, in no way, a good thing for this country.

But hey, at least maybe people will stop comparing everyone that disagrees with them, even in a minor way, "basically Hitler"?
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Basically Trump.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

What's that rule about internet discussions always eventually comparing stuff to hilter?

I feel like the Trump version would be even truer these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:00 pm What's that rule about internet discussions always eventually comparing stuff to hilter?

I feel like the Trump version would be even truer these days.
It would, and it'd be more timely.

Plus, considering Hitler's crimes, it'd be a nice change of pace. It was always ridiculous to say someone was just like one of the worst mass murderers in history.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Clearly out some old stuff from my drafts. This is an interesting piece I saw in the NYT:
Group think
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Finally, a little bit of good news.
Fox News lost 32% of its total prime-time audience compared with the quarter ended Dec. 31, Nielsen data show. CNN and MSNBC had smaller declines of 16% and 7.8%, respectively, though each fell more substantially from highs they hit in January.

The ratings gap between the major players is tighter than it was a quarter ago, as all networks try to establish their approach at the outset of the Biden administration.

Fox News retained the No. 1 spot among prime-time viewers for the full quarter, averaging 2.58 million, though its lead has narrowed. MSNBC is second in that category with 2.29 million viewers, and CNN, which was No. 1 in the weeks after November’s election, is now No. 3 with 1.99 million.

Meanwhile, CNN moved into first place among prime-time viewers aged 25 to 54, a key demographic for advertisers, even as all networks lost viewers in that category. Fox News is No. 2 in that demographic. MSNBC drew the most daily viewers, with an average of 1.38 million watching over a 24-hour span, according to the Nielsen data.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

"The most powerful man in the world" isn't Biden.

That's an "analysis" piece (another way CNN says "opinion") that's half shitting on, half praising Manchin and taking constant shots at Rs, while also lamenting how divided the country is...

Yeah, you and Fox have nothing to do with that, right?
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

There are probably several "most powerful in the world," but they're the ones with the resources to make sure they can exist comfortably outside and in control of the system, and we'll probably never know their names.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Project Veritas has a CNN director on video discussing how CNN ran a campaign to get Trump out of office and portray Biden in a way that would make him cool to younger voters.

Of course, left wing Twitter is doing all the "whataboutism" stuff and claiming the video and project veritas have no credibility because one time they suggested something that wasn't true (despite all of their court wins). In turn, right wing Twitter is screaming that this proves collusion against their hero Trump and asks how this is different from Jan 6th (I guess aside from the obvious answer of "violence"?).

*sigh*
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

It was all really obvious anyway and the same brainwashed people who wouldn't see it back then are the same brainwashed people who will deny it now.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:15 pm Project Veritas has a CNN director on video discussing how CNN ran a campaign to get Trump out of office and portray Biden in a way that would make him cool to younger voters.

Of course, left wing Twitter is doing all the "whataboutism" stuff and claiming the video and project veritas have no credibility because one time they suggested something that wasn't true (despite all of their court wins). In turn, right wing Twitter is screaming that this proves collusion against their hero Trump and asks how this is different from Jan 6th (I guess aside from the obvious answer of "violence"?).

*sigh*
BTW also INTERFERING WITH THE ELECTION
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Speaking of "fear selling"...

Remember when AOC and others went to the border to investigate holding facilities and their conditions under Trump? (Nobody visited them under Obama.) Remember how CNN and others praised her and her group for fighting the good fight and how they cared, while Rs treated these people like cattle?

Roles have reversed and now Rs are "politicizing" the illegal issue by visiting these places where record numbers of children are being held.

I want to setup a table like that Crowder guy with the banner saying "Hugo Drax was right. Prove me wrong."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

"There is no such thing as media bias and they certainly don't intentionally manipulate the news!"
Note that all the other outlets did not edit the 911 call and showed the girl actually attacking with the knife.

Same day, but not national news.

Next day. Also not national news.

:D