Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:12 am In case you missed it, here's a senior engineer at Twitter admitting they only censor right leaning news. His description of Twitter's culture is exactly what you think.

A week long break from social media can improve your health.
You scooped yourself
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:39 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:12 am In case you missed it, here's a senior engineer at Twitter admitting they only censor right leaning news. His description of Twitter's culture is exactly what you think.

A week long break from social media can improve your health.
You scooped yourself
No I didn't. That's where I copied and pasted it from. Figured it had more of a place up here than down there...or both.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another Twitter employee revealing some bad thought processes:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Twitter executive calling Elon Musk mentally handicapped, "special" and saying he has "aspergers."
Wow, that's almost as bad as calling some random dude a pedophile.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Elon himself admitted to having Aperger's on SNL. Is that employee.... mocking a handicapped person?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, Elon's got it and if you watch the video, the guy is really insulting about it. It's actually pretty funny watching a guy getting caught in a sting talking down about a self made billionaire.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gov. Hochul: "In the state of New York, we're now requiring social media networks to monitor and report 'hateful conduct' on their platforms."
Go ahead and defend this shit. I'll hear your arguments, but know this is a public official asking a private company to start tattling on American citizens based on no criteria, just their own bigotry and biases.

George Orwell is rolling in his grave.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mom thinks her son was radicalized by social media.

She's probably right. And as a million things I've posted around here prove, it goes both ways.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Man arrested in the UK for causing someone to have anxiety over an anti-LGBQT meme he posted.

UK police commissioner isn't a fan of the arrest.

The guy was released without charges based on what I've heard.

Still...WTF is going on? We're arrested people for hurting someone else's feelings?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"My feelings are more important than yours" being encoded into law.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My current favorite YouTuber is this guy. I assure you Gordon, this is worth watching for his commentary.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The # of instagram posers we saw in Paris and London was ridiculous. I just walked through their shoots.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Tom Holland exits social media for his mental health.

The more I read about him, the more I'm amazed at how well this kid is grounded.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hidden perk of social media: Get to watch video of your children dying.

Why she was livestreaming is a mystery and why I put this story here.

I don't wish this on anyone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

U.S. Government: "Hey TikTok, stop sending user data back to China."

TikTok: "Nah"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Uh oh. He has a turban thingie, and that gives his words more weight.