Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:23 pm Uh oh. He has a turban thingie, and that gives his words more weight.
Ha! I was sitting there thinking, "This guy's not wrong, but nobody's going to take him seriously because 'religion'".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TikTok pushes a lot of misinformation.

Say it isn't so!!!

Seriously, who could possibly be surprised by this "revelation"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Meta shuts down massive "influence campaigns" run by China and Russia.

Somehow, trying to sow dissent and influence elections aren't acts of war.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TikTok faces a paltry fine for stealing children's data.

I'm sure the world leader in industrial espionage really gives two shits about paying this nothing penalty.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:14 pm TikTok faces a paltry fine for stealing children's data.

I'm sure the world leader in industrial espionage really gives two shits about paying this nothing penalty.
Right? China's thrilled to pay so little.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Left wing Twitter has been predictably melting down over Elon taking over.

Now the conversation is becoming "what is hate speech" and loads of "First Amendment experts" are weighing in...

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

These people have said over and over "1stA doesn't apply to private companies, we can ban conservatives all day!" Now they're reversing course for Musk. I'm beginning to graduate from casual dismissal of these people, to hating them as actively evil.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just for fun...how many MSM talking heads, not on FOX, will point out this was Trump's stance? That asshole wasn't wrong about everything.

TikTok is a Chinese product that is blatantly spying on people and stealing their info, including from children. When confronted and told to stop they have told both the U.S. and U.K. to go fuck themselves. Just ban it.

Twitter has videos. FB has reels (that are just like TikToks). TikTok isn't needed.

I'd go so far as to say ALL Chinese based products and services should be banned. They're the world leader in industrial espionage and are actively working to devalue the dollar, the U.S.' position in the world, our culture, and everything in Europe too. Fuck China.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Please let this be fake...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's real:

This sister (who made the video) was listed as her "best friend" on her obituary from a year ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gross.

Her sister might have laughed at the dance and joke, but probably wouldn't appreciate being mocked globally.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A quip on reddit a few days ago has been stuck in my brain.

I don't even remember the exact subject.... oh, I think it was about George Takai still whining about Shatner's ego, 60 years later. I made a comment, something to the effect of that's a long time to hold a grudge, and then I quoted a thing that was in my brain about how holding on to all that negativity is a hindrance moving forward in a happy life.

Someone responded angrily that "no, that's the exact thing that abusers say when they're gaslighting and want to keep abusing you."

I responded with, "Yeah, the Dalai Lama was totally an abuser." I got downvoted.

And that's why social media users suck and is a disease growing through the brains of humanity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 am And that's why social media users suck and is a disease growing through the brains of humanity.
that's a long time to hold a grudge.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 am And that's why social media users suck and is a disease growing through the brains of humanity.
Social media is ruled by feels, not logic or science.

So yes, it's why they suck and are a disease killing humanity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:34 pm Social media is ruled by feels, not logic or science.
It's also dominated by idiots, versus the people actually doing things.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:36 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:34 pm Social media is ruled by feels, not logic or science.
It's also dominated by idiots, versus the people actually doing things.
Indeed.

I was on site the other day and one guy was calling the richest man in the world an idiot, while another wanted a HOF head coach with no losing seasons to be fired!!! :D

To be fair though, both said chicks shouldn't get tattoos because all you're doing is drawing over perfection. So they're obviously brilliant and have excellent taste.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:00 pm I was on site the other day and one guy was calling the richest man in the world an idiot, while another wanted a HOF head coach with no losing seasons to be fired!!!
Fucking morons, the lot of them.
Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:00 pm To be fair though, both said chicks shouldn't get tattoos because all you're doing is drawing over perfection. So they're obviously brilliant and have excellent taste.
Glad they redeemed themselves! Maybe there's hope after all?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pressure mounts for the feds to do something about TikTok.

Can someone explain to me how negotiations over a fucking entertainment app can possibly start in 2020 and still be going on in the final days before 2023? I realize bureaucracy moves slow, but DAMN!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been contemplating the idea of "yeah we banned people, but they were bad people and their ideas are poison and it's for the greater good."

Reminds me of Sauron's greatest hits.... getting good people to do evil acts for some sort of better goal.

Which brings us to.... do you know what you call people who do evil for good reasons? Evil doers. Doesn't matter the thought or intention, the only thing that matters are the actions.