Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Fake DHS college has ICE deporting its students.

Listen, I'm all for making people immigrate here legally, but are people trying to better themselves through college the best targets for anti-immigration? In a word, no.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fake DHS college has ICE deporting its students.

Listen, I'm all for making people immigrate here legally, but are people trying to better themselves through college the best targets for anti-immigration? In a word, no.
Wait, what the fuck?
The students had arrived legally in the U.S. on student visas, but since the University of Farmington was later revealed to be a creation of federal agents, they lost their immigration status after it was shut down in January. The school was staffed with undercover agents posing as university officials.
So they had student visas, but they were for a fake school? And stayed anyways? Or what?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

I don't know. The whole thing sounds like entrapment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Immigration

Post by Vince »

It was a fake school that all the "students" enrolled for the purpose of staying under fraudulent visas. They all knew they were paying for the student visa as exactly zero students went to a classroom.

The article also fails to mention that the fake school was established in 2016 under Obama. That's why the story has relatively fallen off the radar already.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Melania gets booed at some "get kids off opioid" event in Baltimore...blah, blah, blah.

People are going to root for their favorite letter, no matter your cause. However, what got my attention was this:
Earlier in November, the first lady was met with protesters during a visit to Boston Medical Center, located in the city's South End. Protesters on a grassy area in front of the building held signs and chanted, most decrying the immigration stance and policies of her husband, President Donald Trump.

Those in the crowd were primarily hospital employees, upset that Melania Trump's visit would create a public photo opportunity aligning members of the Trump administration with Boston Medical Center, 30% of whose patients don't speak English as a primary language, according to the hospital's website.
Shouldn't the primary requirement of becoming a citizen or simply integrating into a culture be to learn the language? It's not a racist thing, but a logistics thing. It's the official language of not only the U.S., but also of business. If you don't know English, there's a really good chance you're not a jet setting billionaire.

If you were searching for a roommate, would you accept any candidate who, during the interview process, told you, "Fuck your rules and your stuff. I do my own thing. My wants are more important than your needs."?
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

A comment about ILLEGAL immigration, to be clear.

I don't think Fremont is a sanctuary city. We kick child molesters out in spite of their being poor, unfortunate illegals.
82842779_2896339083750985_5742762314344431616_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Clearly Fremont is racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

SCOTUS says public charge rule can go forward.
The Supreme Court Monday in a 5-4 vote cleared the way for the Trump administration to make it more difficult for immigrants who rely on public assistance to obtain legal status.

The so-called public charge rule, unveiled in August, impacts people who receive most forms of Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers. It was immediately met with opposition from advocates and several states, which argued that the changes would penalize immigrants who rely on temporary assistance from the government and impose costs on the states.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

As someone opposed to illegal immigration, and 100% in favor of legal immigration, someone explain why I should or should not be outraged.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: As someone opposed to illegal immigration, and 100% in favor of legal immigration, someone explain why I should or should not be outraged.
Just search twitter. so much upsetness. Something about a paywall around America.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

People should be upset that America doesn't extend social services to those anywhere in the world. What are we, racist?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

MS-13 member arrested in Toledo. He's been deported 5 times.

Serious question: If he's not legal, isn't trying to be legal, is clearly a criminal, and keeps coming back...at what point do we consider him an "invader"? When does he "escape" from custody never to be seen again?
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

He's just trying to make a better life for himself. Imagine how bad his home country must be if he comes back here for a fourth time in violation of the law.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: When does he "escape" from custody never to be seen again?
Agreed.
Cakedaddy

Immigration

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'd rather they just imprison him to keep him off the streets. Right now, he's just seeing 10 days (per time that he's caught) hard labor. I figure trying to cross the boarder and get back to where you wanted to be is probably pretty hard and uncomfortable. Deporting obviously never works as a solution for any immigration problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

CNN stills tries to villify the border patrol every chance it gets.

Obviously nobody knows how this guy died at this point, but all the other cases they outline point to deaths that just happened to happen when people were in custody.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

He "began exhibiting signs of distress," and EMT-certified agents gave him first aid and called local Emergency Medical Services as his condition deteriorated, the statement said.
EMS arrived 40 minutes later and took Markowitz to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:37 p.m. local time.
As long as they didn't delay care, sounds like they tried.

Or... as long as they didn't crack his skull, themselves.