Immigration

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

I was expressing incredulity as to the integrity and competence of the mayor of that city
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:47 am I was expressing incredulity as to the integrity and competence of the mayor of that city
I mean, are you really incredulous? We see this garbage non-stop from our lying, scum politicians (BOTH parties).

The absolute worst people in our country right now are the letter worshippers. They enable this shit and prevent anything real from happening.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Great, he made Biden look good for a day.... I guess?

Tomorrow the people of his city are still going to have a problem.

They should probably impeach him, he's clearly not working for the people who elected him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:07 pm he's clearly not working for the people who elected him.
Name a politician that is...

I'm sure they exist, but fuck if I've ever seen any.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Cruz is an idiot.

I get what he was trying to say, as should anyone whose head isn't firmly up their ass refusing to look at the world in any way other than through their bigoted prism, but fuck man, try proofreading.

When did we let our worst and dimmest become our elected leaders?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:01 am but fuck man, try proofreading.

When did we let our worst and dimmest become our elected leaders?
Seriously, how did this guy go to 2 Ivies?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 am Seriously, how did this guy go to 2 Ivies?
To be fair, I think the sparkle is off not only "an Ivy League education", but a college education itself.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Desantis and FL cracking down on illegals.
The bills would expose people to felony charges for sheltering, hiring and transporting immigrants who are in the country without legal permission
This, this, and more this. This is the piece that people on both sides of the aisle have been saying was needed forever. If you want to crack down on illegal immigrants, crack down on the people/corporations giving them jobs, not the immigrants.
require hospitals to ask patients their immigration status and report to the state
This one I don't love. Let's be good humans first. If people need medical assistance, let's get it to them without scaring them into not seeking it.
invalidate out-of-state driver’s licenses issued to immigrants in the country without legal permission
Anyone who believes in the Constitution shouldn't have a problem with this one. Florida shouldn't have to abide by California's laws, just like states don't necessarily respect each other's drivers', law, medical, etc. licenses.
and direct the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to provide assistance to federal authorities in enforcing the nation’s immigration laws.
I'm a little torn on this one. Law enforcement in FL should do their jobs and if they happen upon an illegal, then they can act. However, if they start being used an a local INS, then bullshit.
DeSantis has separately proposed eliminating in-state college tuition for students in the country without legal permission
Agree. Our country is going bankrupt. Let's stop giving away free shit to people coming here illegally. Plus, this guaranteed government cash drives up the cost of college for actual citizens.

Now should he win the presidency, I would be in favor of a national law like this, but I would want to see a path to citizenship for people who have been here a while, particularly those who pay taxes, have jobs, and have melted into this melting pot of ours. Maybe fewer IRS agents and more Naturalization agents so it doesn't take years for people who want to become Americans to do so?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm If you want to crack down on illegal immigrants, crack down on the people/corporations giving them jobs, not the immigrants.
Yes.
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm This one I don't love. Let's be good humans first. If people need medical assistance, let's get it to them without scaring them into not seeking it.
Agree.
Agree on DLs.
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:32 pm Law enforcement in FL should do their jobs and if they happen upon an illegal, then they can act. However, if they start being used an a local INS, then bullshit.
Yeah, sounds like it would be more of the latter. I know of no reason why the former wouldn't already be allowed.

And, agree on illegals + in-state tuition. Although, it's tough if they were like brought here when 2.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:10 pm Although, it's tough if they were like brought here when 2.
It is, but I struggle to find a fair solution. They never should have been offered free college in the first place. Our government failed miserably on that.

Perhaps an amnesty program for people who have been here and are willing to go through the process of getting citizenship? We offer to speed the process up for them in exchange for them agreeing to slowly pay back all or some of their tuition in the future?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:31 pm Perhaps an amnesty program for people who have been here and are willing to go through the process of getting citizenship? We offer to speed the process up for them in exchange for them agreeing to slowly pay back all or some of their tuition in the future?
Like the Dreamer program?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:31 pm Perhaps an amnesty program for people who have been here and are willing to go through the process of getting citizenship? We offer to speed the process up for them in exchange for them agreeing to slowly pay back all or some of their tuition in the future?
Like the Dreamer program?
Like it, sure, but not just like it. DACA sucks. It offers everything and asks for nothing. It is essentially citizenship for votes.

I'm saying if those who came here illegally want to jump the line, then they need to step up. Employed, paying taxes, learning the language, clean criminal record, have insurance, going through whatever steps are normal towards citizenship, and if they were getting free education then they need to pay that back (although later, like anyone's school loans). The school loan thing would only apply to those folks in college at the time. Are we supposed to hand out free education to every person that arrives illegally just because they're 16 and under? Fuck that.

We also need a cut off for it. It should not run endlessly. If FL's law was nationally enacted then it should start a timer on the new DACA-like law. That timer should be 16 years. That covers everyone here now (and yes, I know this gives people incentive to sneak in within the next 16 years), and tells others to not bother coming illegally after that 16 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Title 42 ends May 11th.

Over 150K migrants waiting to come flooding over the border.

New restrictions will turn some away.

I guess you have to be Mexican?
In addition, a new regulation expected to go into effect this week would largely ban migrants who traveled through other countries on their way to the US-Mexico border from applying for asylum in the United States.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

28F enrolls in high school as a teen to learn English.

She can't speak English and her name is Martha Jessenia Gutierrez-Serrano. I'm suspicious of the "Louisiana Woman" in the headline.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

My takeaway is that a 28yo immigrant values free public education more than a shitload of American inner city kids.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:14 am 28F enrolls in high school as a teen to learn English.

She can't speak English and her name is Martha Jessenia Gutierrez-Serrano. I'm suspicious of the "Louisiana Woman" in the headline.
I support her efforts, honestly. At least she's making an attempt.

Also, she's not ugly (she's on right, mom on left)
Authorities revealed that Martha Jessenia Gutierrez-Serrano's mom Marta Elizeth Serrano-Alvarado was reportedly living in the US for a few years on an expired visa before her daughter joined her in the country in 2021.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, these are the people we should want here. They're trying to acclimate themselves, and in this case, being forced to do so illegally. They're not just sitting around, they're making changes to adapt to our culture, not force theirs to exist outside of ours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Biden's asylum policy is shot down by a federal judge.

The policy was a copy of Trump's, despite the admin claiming it wasn't (even the judge and other Ds say it is), and blocked asylum seekers from more than one country away, which IS a dumb and arbitrary distinction.

FYI, massive props to all the assholes who decided to call illegals "asylum seekers".

Also, big shout out to the ACLU for filing lawsuits to defend the rights of illegal immigrants to come to the U.S. The "A" stands for "Illegal immigrants", right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Do you think he doesn't know or that we won't know?