Immigration

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:03 pm Martha vineyard immigrants get lawyers https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... epublicans
The lawyers with houses on Martha's vineyard are going to make sure no one dares send them illegals ever again.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

I don't know, I think Texas has the right idea. They only sent busses to those who literally claimed they'd take them and give them sanctuary.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:32 pm They only sent busses to those who literally claimed they'd take them and give them sanctuary.
While that is correct, doing so without clearing it with those folks is a political stunt. Yes, it's hilarious and I'm enjoying watching asshats pretend that they don't want the illegals for really cool reasons and not just because they're full of shit. However, it is still just a stunt.

And as fun as it is to point out hypocrites, the real issue that the federal government isn't doing shit about the porous open border continues to go ignored.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:24 pm That's D code for illegal immigrants
to be 100% clear, these are all asylum seekers. Non asylum seekers are sent back. Asylum seekers are given a court date and expected to be processed through the asylum process. They can get temporary work papers, etc. They are in the country legally. In the Trump admin about 40% of asylum seekers we're granted asylum, up to 70% under Biden, iirc.

So, you are wrong. :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:03 pm So, you are wrong.
Only if you believe people are so stupid that when questioned by the border patrol they will say, "Asylum seeker? No, I just want to be here illegally." :D

But seriously, "asylum seeker"? Why are they seeking asylum? Because their country sucks or because they face unjust persecution.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Used to be "bad economy" was not a valid reason to be granted asylum. It's the excuse Clinton used to send Haitian refugees back via Guantanamo Bay (it's ok when a D does it). Has that changed?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

FYI, that sheriff is a Democrat. It'd really be awesome if people just did their jobs, instead of only doing what their party overlords order them to do.

Should we focus on:
-Helping our southern neighbors so their people can live better lives and not risk them coming here?
-Actually funding the border patrol so they aren't as at risk of being murdered/injured, can secure the border, and improving facilities for detained illegals?
-Working on assisting those productive illegals here already into gaining U.S. citizenship?
-Ensuring illegals understand that assimilation into our culture is required to live here?

Nope, let's focus on political stunts by each side (this legal saber rattling is just as big a stunt as shipping migrants around the country) and waste tax payer dollars doing all that, which is basically the least productive way to spend tax dollars.

And just as a reminder, Biden's been shipping migrants around the country for the past two years. Weird how that was never an issue for anyone on the left until the migrants showed up on their doorstep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:40 pm And just as a reminder, Biden's been shipping migrants around the country for the past two years. Weird how that was never an issue for anyone on the left until the migrants showed up on their doorstep.
Maybe it's the difference between planned movements of people, and unplanned, deceitful movements of people?
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Meh.

Seek asylum in the FIRST country you got to, like you're supposed to do. They aren't innocent.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:43 pm Maybe it's the difference between planned movements of people, and unplanned, deceitful movements of people?
The Rs are indeed dicks for tricking these illegals...If that's actually what happened. It's strange that reporters looked into all the previous ones and Rs followed all the same requirements as Ds did for their bus trips, yet one to Martha's Vineyard and all of sudden people claim they didn't?

Biden's admin has been bussing illegals everywhere and are 90% responsible for this current situation.

I stress current because neither party has been effective at doing shit about the border. Also, 90% because they are NOT responsible for the bussing of illegals to Chicago and Martha's Vineyard. They do send them to DC, CA, NM, and FL though.

Hey, do you know what this plan of Biden's is called? "The Abbott Plan" because it's the exact same thing. However, it's bad when Rs do it, but awesome when Ds do it?
The plan would alleviate overcrowding along the border, where record numbers of border crossers have overwhelmed the capacity of shelters in some cities
This is all because Biden opened the flood gates at the border. (Over 1M people since he ended that Trump/Covid era rule.)
at times leading Customs and Border Protection, or CBP, to release migrants on the street to fend for themselves.
Call me crazy, but that seems pretty illegal. It also sounds like just letting illegals go into local BORDER communities. (Emphasized because, like flyover states, they don't matter to some.) Sounds to me like the federal government isn't doing their job and illegally failing both the illegals, but also the communities.

And I want to point out the Rs are doing THIS exact same thing too. As they're busing these folks up to Chicago, DC, Martha's Vineyard, etc. they are letting them walk at any stops along the way.

Our entire government, BOTH PARTIES, are failing us and the illegals.

Anyway, while we're discussing people illegally in our country. Oh sorry, "asylum seekers" and they're here legally. Amazing how 15M illegals magically became asylum seekers overnight and that made their presence here ok. Why are we spending billions of dollars annually on illegals while ads asking for help for starving kids in the U.S. air in other countries like China and Germany? Is it because our government actually cares (again, starving kids...) or because we want them to work for peanuts, mow our lawns, watch our kids, and vote D? (Although according to polls, Ds are losing Hispanics in huge numbers thanks to their woke stuff.)

Seriously. Big picture. Ultimate goal of Ds for illegals: They actually care or they want their votes? Considering the homeless crisis in blue states/cities, rampant crime, the war zone that is Chicago, and so on, you'd better have one hell of an argument if you think they actually care.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

And I do want to add that I'm ALL for legal immigration, and even helping all these folks at the border and the ones already here illegally. However, I also believe we can't just let anyone and everyone in because we're not throwing an intergalactic kegger up in here. There have to be limits and there have to be rules.

I simply think both parties use the situation and people as political pawns and aren't really doing anything to solve shit one way or another.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:32 pm Seek asylum in the FIRST country you got to, like you're supposed to do. They aren't innocent.
Who makes these rules?
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:32 pm It's strange that reporters looked into all the previous ones and Rs followed all the same requirements as Ds did for their bus trips, yet one to Martha's Vineyard and all of sudden people claim they didn't?
The others were done by Texas, this one was done by Florida, on their own.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:32 pm Seek asylum in the FIRST country you got to, like you're supposed to do.
Why the hell would you ever do that when you can just come to the U.S., be welcomed with open arms, and get free shit?
TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:39 pm The others were done by Texas, this one was done by Florida, on their own.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:59 am
I didn't put those together to be snarky. I'm legit confused. Who is going after who for what trip?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:59 pm Who is going after who for what trip?
Bexar County Sheriff, in TX, is going after Florida, as they arranged the flight from TX to Martha's Vineyard.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Ok, now I'm confused as to why FL has to use illegals in TX when they have tons of their own.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Best I can figure is if they're corrupt and living off the backs of the plebeians, the need a steady influx of fresh plebeians with strong backs paying their taxes. Current resident reproductive rates are leveling out.

"They'll vote democrat" doesn't seem a good enough reason when even a lot of LEGAL voting immigrants are turned off by letting illegals skip the line. So it's probably money and power, and if the issue keeps people divided then so much the better.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Class action lawsuit against DeSantis.
In the lawsuit, which seeks class-action status in Massachusetts federal court, the plaintiffs allege that the “ruse” — which DeSantis claimed credit for as part of his effort to highlight illegal immigration — violated constitutional protections under the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments and several federal statutes.

In addition to seeking damages, they are also asking the court to block DeSantis and others named in the lawsuit from “inducing immigrants to travel across state lines by fraud and misrepresentation.”

The suit further argues that the money DeSantis used was unauthorized because it “originated from the federal Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund and was therefore subject to its use restrictions.”

The lawsuit alleges that the scheme involved DeSantis and other Florida officials worked with unidentified defendants to identify and target migrants by "trolling streets" outside a migrant shelter in San Antonio and other locales and that they lured roughly 50 migrants with McDonald's gift certificates and free hotel stays, with the promise that if they boarded planes to other states they would get jobs, housing, educational opportunities and other assistance upon arrival.

Defendants spent $615,000 chartering the planes and told the migrants they were flying to Boston or Washington, D.C., but they were instead dropped at Martha's Vineyard without food, water or shelter, according to the lawsuit.
$10k per migrant. Great use of FL state money, DeSantis.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Good plan thinking Lawyer Island wouldn't moneyfuck you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Point being, there isn't a single intelligent person in government, let alone a leader, on either side of this issue.

Already a monumental waste of tax dollars, they've figured out ways to waste even more.

Imagine a world where political leaders were held accountable for their words, decisions, actions, and spending...