2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Is it wrong that I have a little more respect for the people who stage a coup than for people that need safe spaces to think about their feelings?
Not if you justify it by saying, "The coup people are thinking about 'we' and the safe space people are thinking about 'me'."
They're literally rejecting truth to get their own safe space.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Is it wrong that I have a little more respect for the people who stage a coup than for people that need safe spaces to think about their feelings?
Not if you justify it by saying, "The coup people are thinking about 'we' and the safe space people are thinking about 'me'."
They're literally rejecting truth to get their own safe space.
Eh, I get the simplification you're making, but there is a difference. One can simplify any act to be selfishly motivated, so it's not a particularly fair argument. Just as there's a difference between a mass shooter and a serial killer. And I'm not defending idiots over morons. I have the utmost contempt for both.

The idiots believe the narrative Trump is putting out there is the truth and are acting to "save the country".

Safe space morons want an escape from reality for "self", and worse, they are effectively rendering everyone else's existence as valueless.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Safe space morons want an escape from reality for "self", and worse, they are effectively rendering everyone else's existence as valueless.
These people were intentionally trying to stop the electoral college vote count, to render > 150M people's votes valueless.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Because they thought it was fraudulent.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Because they thought it was fraudulent.
So it's ok to be stupid, but not ok to be emotionally fragile?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Intellectually fragile.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: Because they thought it was fraudulent.
So it's ok to be stupid, but not ok to be emotionally fragile?
More gross simplification that isn't really an accurate portrayal of either situation.

Where is anyone defending the capital storming jackasses? You're implying that by saying "so it's ok to be stupid". Nobody is saying it's ok. Someone simply said they have "a little more respect" for them than those who seek safe spaces. There is a universe of difference between that and "they are in the right". I believe I'd prefer dying in a massive explosion than drowning, but that doesn't mean I want to die, particularly by either one of those methods.

Also, safe spaces were less about being emotionally fragile, and more about segregation and intentionally locking out skin colors you don't like without being called a racist. You don't hold meetings there because of emotional fragility. You're doing that intentionally knowing who can't attend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What happened to Giuliani?

He went from being a superstar as the mayor of NY to the stooge for a megalomaniac.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:38 am What happened to Giuliani?

He went from being a superstar as the mayor of NY to the stooge for a megalomaniac.
What happened to Trump? Apparently old people turn to shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am

I think Trump was probably always a piece of shit. You can't grow up rich, never be told no, and then plaster your name on everything and be mentally stable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am

I think Trump was probably always a piece of shit. You can't grow up rich, never be told no, and then plaster your name on everything and be mentally stable.
I feel like he was more stable 20 years ago, but maybe it was a limit of his circumstances.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:56 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am What happened to Trump? Apparently old people turn to shit.
I feel like he was more stable 20 years ago, but maybe it was a limit of his circumstances.
That's my thought. Remember, "Grab 'em by the pussy" was back then.

And I don't even hold that against him. That's what happens when you're a rich, spoiled brat, never hearing "no", and surrounded by gold digging whores.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:00 pm That's my thought. Remember, "Grab 'em by the pussy" was back then.

And I don't even hold that against him. That's what happens when you're a rich, spoiled brat, never hearing "no", and surrounded by gold digging whores.
Fair.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Satya Nadella is a steaming sack of shit.

MSPAC won't give, but they'll funnel money to their paid for candidates through other means.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember when Trump was contesting the election? Remember the stance Ds took and all their quotes? Remember all the Rs quotes and their stance?

The roles are now reversed.

It's such a telling statement that there is some issue that causes this sort of role reversal EVERY fucking election, yet there are still millions of morons out there claiming their favorite political party is morally superior and never wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:03 pm The roles are now reversed.
No, because this time it sounds legit, and a narrow enough election to matter.

That being said, I hate every single person quoted in that article for they're bullshit posturing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:45 pm No, because this time it sounds legit, and a narrow enough election to matter.
Narrow enough, yes. Legit? TBD. Either way, it's still a reversal. Remember Ds were already calling for Trump to concede on Nov 5th well before any possible legal challenges could be even started.

The article is also very correct in pointing out that if the Ds decide to go through with this, the majority of people who hear about it are not going to have a positive outlook on it. (most people aren't going to read too deep into the details)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:45 pm The article is also very correct in pointing out that if the Ds decide to go through with this, the majority of people who hear about it are not going to have a positive outlook on it. (most people aren't going to read too deep into the details)
Because people are morons.