2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Visited a family member (not immediate) on a trip last week. He started discussing how Trump had won and everything would be revealed soon.
4 years later. "SOON! SOON!"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's a religion.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

7 issues splitting American votes. Interesting graphic showing how people who felt certain ways voted.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I like 0.5% believe that prediction.

!RmindMe 12/31/2020
Ditto.
I guess we'll give this one more week.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Protestors enter Capitol. Where's the National Guard?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's a cult.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fucking Mitch McConnell is the voice of reason.

That's how fucked our political world is right now...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fucking Mitch McConnell is the voice of reason.

Should've impeached Trump when he could.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Fucking Mitch McConnell is the voice of reason.

Should've impeached Trump when he could.
Maybe? Who can tell what would have happened?

Same crazy right winger on FB I mentioned elsewhere claiming this would be a week to remember posted "Red 1" an hour ago. Whatever the fuck that means.

The MSM, the elitism by our elected "leaders", a clinically insane president, and social media are responsible for this mess.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Who can tell what would have happened?
He was egging this on for months before the election, and then kept doing it.
Leisher wrote: The MSM, the elitism by our elected "leaders", a clinically insane president, and social media are responsible for this mess.
I guess. I dunno. But good God, wtf, people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Protestors enter Capitol. Where's the National Guard?
Entire DC National Guard has been activated following breach of the US Capitol
Meanwhile, Ivanka Trump called the protestors patriots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Time to invoke the 25th amendment?
The head of the National Association of Manufacturers, a group representing 14,000 companies in the U.S., on Wednesday said clashes in Washington that interrupted a Congressional gathering to certify Electoral College results of the 2020 presidential election were “not the vision of America that manufacturers believe in” and called on Vice President Pence to “seriously consider” invoking the 25th Amendment of the Constitution to remove President Donald Trump from office.

The statement came as the Business Roundtable and leaders such as Citi CEO Michael Corbat and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff condemned the acts.

Jay Timmons, the group’s president and CEO and a former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, pointed to the millions of people in manufacturing jobs who are working to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which brought on an economic recession.

Last year the group gave an award to President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump for “extraordinary support” of manufacturing in America.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Speaking politically, invoking the 25th would be a huge face save for the Rs.

Speaking as a citizen, I would have no objection to them doing it. I think it's quite clear Trump hasn't been doing his job since at least Nov 7th, and has actually done more to harm the nation than not.

Speaking as someone who just enjoys chaos sometimes, how boring will the next four years be compared to these four? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Speaking politically, invoking the 25th would be a huge face save for the Rs.

Speaking as a citizen, I would have no objection to them doing it. I think it's quite clear Trump hasn't been doing his job since at least Nov 7th, and has actually done more to harm the nation than not.
Yes.
Leisher wrote: Speaking as someone who just enjoys chaos sometimes, how boring will the next four years be compared to these four?
God, I hope so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I told the wife tonight that if a single good thing could come out of this "not a coup" it would be that members of Congress would realize there are a lot of pissed off crazies willing to commit violence. Maybe that would keep them a little honest... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That didn't age well.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is it wrong that I have a little more respect for the people who stage a coup than for people that need safe spaces to think about their feelings?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Is it wrong that I have a little more respect for the people who stage a coup than for people that need safe spaces to think about their feelings?
Not if you justify it by saying, "The coup people are thinking about 'we' and the safe space people are thinking about 'me'."