2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How much money and resources are being wasted on this fruitless endeavor?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How much money and resources are being wasted on this fruitless endeavor?
Many.

But, from Trump's perspective, none. It's not his money. In fact, donations to his legal fund under $8k go directly to his OWN PAC and the RNC, without going to the legal fund at all. So it's just a straight up win for him.

The WSJ had a good article today that basically said "Trump's lawyers are quibbling over crumbs, the same minor stuff that happens every election. They cannot repeat Trump's claims in court, because THEY would get in trouble for lying."
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw a pretty funny tweet over the weekend, but don't remember whose, so apologies to them. Anyway, it was a left winger saying, "If we rigged the election, do you really think we'd set it up so Biden would be the next president?"

I thought that was not only funny, but a legit point.

Also, Trump won NC over the weekend, so your vote counted Catt! :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes, I think they would. Biden is a company man, and they only want loyal company men in office.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Representatives for Rudy Giuliani, who was put in charge of the Trump campaign's post-election litigation efforts, asked the campaign last week to pay him $20,000 a day, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The campaign didn't agree to the $20,000 request, the person said. It couldn't be determined whether the campaign will pay Mr. Giuliani or how much.
- WSJ
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Has Trump conceded yet?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Has Trump conceded yet?
Pretty sure you can ask this again in 2023 and the answer will be the same.

I saw something mentioned on the Twitters this morning that more votes were found in Georgia that were not counted and were from Trump heavy areas. Came from not insanely crazy right winger, but I still question the validity. No idea if the numbers would be enough to swing the state anyway. I'm guessing no.

I also saw that Trump just fired his cybersecurity chief for suggesting there wasn't any widespread vote fraud.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: Has Trump conceded yet?
I saw something mentioned on the Twitters this morning that more votes were found in Georgia that were not counted and were from Trump heavy areas. Came from not insanely crazy right winger, but I still question the validity. No idea if the numbers would be enough to swing the state anyway. I'm guessing no.
I believe they have found votes that hadn't been tabulated in 3 counties in GA during the audit so far. Votes for both parties included, but it ended up being ~2k vote change towards Trump. Not enough to move the needle a ton.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It was a pretty long press conference today and I muted it, but I'm pretty sure someone on the Trump legal team blamed the election loss on Venezuela and Hugo Chavez.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Did he concede, then?

At this point I'm sort of picturing Biden being sworn in, but Trump has barricaded himself in the Oval Office under a pillow fort.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Did he concede, then?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Weird how time changes people.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Weird how time changes people.
Instead of "time", you could also put: "who is paying the bills".

Jenna was willing to tow the company line as long as she was getting paid.

She is correct with her last line, but I'm not sure narcissist is the perfect word there even though it still applies. You can't find a Trump supporter willing to discuss his ills honestly, just as much as you can't find an Obama fan willing to honestly discuss his sins. Doing so would be admitting fault, and people are unwilling to do that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

First time I've laughed all day, thank you for that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's becoming a comedy show over there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Member of Trump's legal team proves too crazy for even Trump's legal team.
Powell has accused election officials in multiple states of committing crimes, and in recent days turned on Georgia’s Republican governor, Brian Kemp, who on Friday helped certify President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state. Her attack on Kemp, which also included the threat of a “biblical” lawsuit, appeared to unsettle some of Trump’s allies.

“Sidney Powell accusing Governor Brian Kemp of a crime on television yet being unwilling to go on TV and defend and lay out the evidence that she supposedly has, this is outrageous conduct,” former Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Sunday.
(from another article)
During the press conference last week Ms Powell claimed that Mr Trump had won the election by a “landslide” but had been cheated by an “algorithm” designed by Dominion Voting Systems in their ballot machines.

Ms Powell claimed that the fraud was controlled figures including George Soros, the Clinton Foundation, communists from Venezuela, Cuba and China and corrupt election officials.

She claimed the Dominion Voting Systems machines were created in Venezuela at the direction of the late Hugo Chavez so he never lost an election.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Vote tampering accusations only count when they're from russia!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Great. Now MI is on the nuke list.