The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Just wow. The ad writes itself: Show Biden talking about the "to do" list from the first speech and then the "to do" list from the second speech, then ask why they never did any of those things during his 8 years as VP.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

There's the Dem elite, and then there's everyone else.

Are you sitting down? Based on a search of their site, CNN doesn't have a single article about this story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

yeah but if trump had done it right in march it wouldn't be closed now. his fault.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

It's the next day, so I'm sure CNN has an article on it by now...nope.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Pelosi's hair cut finally reported by CNN.

However, it blames the stylist, because why would a lawmaker know the law?
Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Pelosi's hair cut finally reported by CNN.

However, it blames the stylist, because why would a lawmaker know the law?
From a PR standpoint it's really bad for Pelosi and good for Trump/Fox news propaganda.

But on the realistic side - how were you supposed to get your hair cut in SF last week? With the lightning storms causing wildfires, sitting outdoor was no-go.

You can't do it inside, you can't do it safely outside with the smoke. So you can only do it underground and risk your license.

Here's a shocker:
I have gotten an illegal apartment haircut in San Francisco from a professional during quarantine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

I just cut my own hair.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm in desperate need of a hair cut. You don't break your own rules to get one, and then get caught. It's just an example of elitist entitlement.

You all stay home. But I'm important a need a haircut.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: You don't break your own rules to get one, and then get caught. It's just an example of elitist entitlement.
Exactly.
TheCatt wrote: It was a trap
See the quote from Cake above.

They can spin this however they want and try to ruin someone's life, but end of the day Pelosi didn't need to get her haircut.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but end of the day Pelosi didn't need to get her haircut.
No one ever needs a haircut. Also, not her rules, she has nothing to do with state government.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

told you it was trump's fault
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Also, not her rules, she has nothing to do with state government.
Doesn't matter. It's a bad look for a Senator to be breaking the rules, including not wearing a mask, which is something Trump has taken heat for as well. Maybe she's not involved in her own state's rules, but she is a resident who should be aware of them. Not to mention she has a staff of people who should be aware.
Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

I think she was in the wrong but I also thought it wasn't really that big of a deal. If she had just said "my bad- I didn't know, I will find a better way, and apologize", I would have moved on. She's a public figure, has to be on air and stuff, I get it.

But I hate, hate, the "sorry you were offended it's EVERYONE ELSES FAULT" thing. From either side. So fuck her. She can step right into those Marie Antoinette shoes if she wants to.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: I think she was in the wrong but I also thought it wasn't really that big of a deal. If she had just said "my bad- I didn't know, I will find a better way, and apologize", I would have moved on. She's a public figure, has to be on air and stuff, I get it.

But I hate, hate, the "sorry you were offended it's EVERYONE ELSES FAULT" thing. From either side. So fuck her. She can step right into those Marie Antoinette shoes if she wants to.
Agreed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

"CAN YOU BELIEVE NANCY GOT A HAIR CUT DURING THIS CURRENT TIME THAT IS NOT A PANDEMIC, IS TOTALLY A HOAX, AND IS COMPLETELY FINE!?"

- Kayleigh McEnany, I assume
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

The original comment about it on this forum was to the effect of "I'm better than you." She got a salon opened during a shutdown, because of who she was. She absolutely feels herself better than the little people, no matter what the damage control is now.

Also, her constituents won't care because (D).
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: She got a salon opened during a shutdown, because of who she was.
Actually, it's been open since April. Surprise!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: She got a salon opened during a shutdown, because of who she was.
Actually, it's been open since April. Surprise!
Well, no. Illegally still cutting hair, yes. However, that's irrelevant. "I'm innocent of breaking the rules because they're breaking the rules" doesn't work for me. They're both assholes.

As Troy said, Pelosi just needs to come out and own her mistake. She'll lose nothing. She'll still win re-election and nobody is going to vote for Trump over Biden because of this.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

AOC's ego knows no bounds.

The Speaker of the House, the opponent for the presidency, and an entitled moron. All within the last 10 years. What "cycle" is she talking about?