The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:51 pm I really do hope so. Kind of a huge blunder to confuse China and Taiwan.
You mean Taiwan and West Taiwan?
I think that joke just earned you sanctions from the Chinese government.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

One. Maybe we should just start buying/selling what she does?

Two. The article says " after a broad-based uproar, the Pelosis were forced to liquidate their NVIDIA bet ". What was the "broad-based uproar"? And would that be the reason they avoided the loss?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I guess online trading sites consistently give the Pelosis "Investor of the Year" awards.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:39 am One. Maybe we should just start buying/selling what she does?
There is already at least one website or subreddit that does just that. They track her husband's investments and copy whatever he does.

No idea about any uproar.

I know the public said politicians shouldn't be allowed to trade stocks because this is essentially insider trading. The politicians all decided they want to keep doing that. That was the end of that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:31 pm I know the public said politicians shouldn't be allowed to trade stocks because this is essentially insider trading. The politicians all decided they want to keep doing that. That was the end of that.
Right? Insanity.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

One of those rare moments when Rs and Ds united together, and yet all of their cheerleaders still think their favorite letter/color actually works for them.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I don't know who designed this backdrop, but they should be fired.

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

CNN continues their anti-Biden 2024 campaign.

If you haven't been following, it's pretty obvious CNN wants the Ds to replace Biden with someone else.
Witness what Rep. Tim Ryan, the Democratic Senate nominee in Ohio, said late last week in response to a question about Biden running for a second term: "My hunch is that we need new leadership across the board -- Democrats, Republicans, I think it's time for a generational move."
I could not agree with Ryan more here, BUT we don't need the next generation to be the toxic cesspools known as AOC, MTG, or anyone like that. We need people we don't see the folks across the aisle as Nazis or Communists, but rather people seeking the same end goal just in different ways.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

There's no way they don't know, right? And honestly, I'd respect Hillary's sense of humor.

However, if they truly don't know...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:15 pm There's no way they don't know, right? And honestly, I'd respect Hillary's sense of humor.

However, if they truly don't know...
It's photoshopped. They are holding the same shape donut. And that picture is from 2016.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Good, but I still have to ask...why?
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't know the joke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:45 pm I don't know the joke.
Vagina.

so... that makes sense :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

This American hero, the father of two small children, has blown up his “dream career” because he could not live with his conscience if he continued to be part of what he sees as the unjust persecution of conservative Americans.
Yeah, sorry, give me an actual news source.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Marcy Kaptur is probably going to win re-election.

I've been critical of Kaptur for years because she's contradicting herself from when she first ran for office. She beat the incumbent with a campaign of "17 years is too long for one person to be in Congress", yet she's here in year 20 or whatever.

However, that criticism aside, I've never disliked her. She's said some shit here and there that was pretty stupid, and felt like more of an attempt to get a name like an AOC. Overall though, I know she is kind of accessible for normal people. I might put that to the test, but I'm going to run it by you folks in the private area first.

Oh, and her opponent here was an absolute clown. Even among the Rs I know, nobody spoke well of him.