The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I was just short handing. For a lot of people, 500 is their take-home.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I thought you were saying they paid $500/wk for childcare. But the tax credit is for up to $8k/year.
You can get up to $8,000 back in tax credit for child-care expenses. Here's what you need to know. For your 2021 tax return, the cap on expenses eligible for the child and dependent care tax credit is $8,000 for one child (up from $3,000) or $16,000 (up from $6,000) for two or more.
To get money to families sooner, the IRS is sending families half of their 2021 Child Tax Credit as monthly payments of $300 per child under age 6 and $250 per ...
I guess I don't know what the $500 is referencing. Paycheck?

They are sending cash to people with kids, so I'm interpreting the government is paying for child care. Is this incorrect?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

IDK. I'm getting this shit second hand. Stop getting stuck on the 500, I was just short handing as the cost of 1 kid for 1 week of daycare. I think you said it was $400 or something, earlier

What's an $8k daycare tax credit to people who already aren't making enough to pay taxes? They don't get $8k back in their pocket, do they?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:17 pm I'd submit that a tax credit in 2022 doesn't help those $500 weekly payments (per kid) in 2021.
Do you mean monthly?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:43 pm IDK. I'm getting this shit second hand. Stop getting stuck on the 500, I was just short handing as the cost of 1 kid for 1 week of daycare. I think you said it was $400 or something, earlier

What's an $8k daycare tax credit to people who already aren't making enough to pay taxes? They don't get $8k back in their pocket, do they?
Yes, for most people
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Well that's new information. I know Earned Income Credit often gets people who worked, but didn't make enough to pay taxes, upwards of $5k "back" at the end of the year. This is another $8k on top of it. That's amazing.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:23 pm Who's paying $500 and what are they getting for it?
Suburban white people sending their kids to daycares that claim to educate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Bill Maher explains why a FOX News anchor suggested the Ds should get him to run for president. Show me where he's wrong.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:56 pm Show me where he's wrong.
Nitpicky: The one about braiding hair (hairdresser regulation) isn't just a D problem. Rs kowtow to business groups on building regulatory walls all the time.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:25 pm
Nitpicky: The one about braiding hair (hairdresser regulation) isn't just a D problem. Rs kowtow to business groups on building regulatory walls all the time.
I thought he was talking about the people who scream "cultural appropriation" all the time.

But yes, make no mistake, Rs are fucking idiots too. I just think their lunatic fringe has far less influence over the country right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:48 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:25 pm
I thought he was talking about the people who scream "cultural appropriation" all the time.

But yes, make no mistake, Rs are fucking idiots too. I just think their lunatic fringe has far less influence over the country right now.
Ah, since he was talking about laws (4:45), I assumed he meant those types of restrictions, but maybe it was cultural appropriation..
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Pelosi tells Olympians to shut their mouths and not anger their hosts.

I get that she's trying to avoid an international incident, but this is a message that should have been delivered BEFORE the games started and in private. Doing this publicly makes her look like she's kneeling before her Chinese masters and squashing free speech.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I can only assume the Chinese have contributed to the significant fortune she's gained since holding office.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm Pelosi has come out in favor of stiffer penalties for the STOCK Act which supposedly already punishes insider trading by Congresspeople, but I say is insufficient.
Stock trading is a hot topic and guess which side Pelosi is on?

Hint: It's not the side of people trying to ban it.
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:06 pm I thought they had to report stock trades within six months.
Under the STOCK Act of 2012, lawmakers are required to report their stock trades within 45 days of the transactions. However, a report by Insider found that 54 members of Congress have failed to properly report their transactions.
My newest question is why aren't these people being punished? We throw private citizens in jail for shit like this, but because you're in Congress it's nothing that needs to be addressed?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:03 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm Pelosi has come out in favor of stiffer penalties for the STOCK Act which supposedly already punishes insider trading by Congresspeople, but I say is insufficient.
Stock trading is a hot topic and guess which side Pelosi is on?

Hint: It's not the side of people trying to ban it.
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:06 pm I thought they had to report stock trades within six months.
Under the STOCK Act of 2012, lawmakers are required to report their stock trades within 45 days of the transactions. However, a report by Insider found that 54 members of Congress have failed to properly report their transactions.
My newest question is why aren't these people being punished? We throw private citizens in jail for shit like this, but because you're in Congress it's nothing that needs to be addressed?
Pelosi finally drops objections
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

What a hero.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Why would you risk your $27.5k salary as a member of the Oklahoma state house like that?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

This is apparently an actual campaign ad.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:54 pm This is apparently an actual campaign ad.
He's not wrong.