The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:54 pm This is apparently an actual campaign ad.
He's not wrong.
Probably not, but I'm not seeing any evidence that he'll be better.

Can we get a grown up as a third option?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

FMcuJjVX0AQveES.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

I get why this is funny and understand but - doesn't this also suggest that the government will have extra to give out with China/The aliens/North Korea Elite Epsilon Squad show up.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

In the USA the government won't have to do shit to ensure all Americans are armed. But the above point still stands.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:32 pm I get why this is funny and understand but - doesn't this also suggest that the government will have extra to give out with China/The aliens/North Korea Elite Epsilon Squad show up.
Sure. But between us, who've had them for a while now, and them, who just got them. . . who'd win in a fight?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Ukraine handing out rifles to resist an invasion from a superpower (are they, still?) is going to torpedo the anti-2nd Amendment "lol american civilians with guns can't fight the military" arguments for at least 20 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Eh, things have changed. It's easy to be cynical about it, though.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Absolutely. Covid was real. People died.

However, it doesn't mean that a political party isn't actively changing their stance simply to try and win elections.

We've already established that they don't give two fucks about us.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm However, it doesn't mean that a political party isn't actively changing their stance simply to try and win elections.
Aren't you always saying the parties should respond to what people want?
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm We've already established that they don't give two fucks about us.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:34 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm However, it doesn't mean that a political party isn't actively changing their stance simply to try and win elections.
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:19 pm We've already established that they don't give two fucks about us.
C'mon, you can troll better than that weak ass attempt.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:34 pm
Should, and don't.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Multiple D responses to the SOTU are questioned.

It shows how fractured the party is when you have multiple responses from various subgroups within the party.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:48 pm Multiple D responses to the SOTU are questioned.

It shows how fractured the party is when you have multiple responses from various subgroups within the party.
I guess, but it's also absurd to think there's 2 basic platforms across 330 Million people.
Troy

The Democratic Party

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:48 pm Multiple D responses to the SOTU are questioned.

I guess, but it's also absurd to think there's 2 basic platforms across 330 Million people.
This, we could do a lot worse than coming out of this with multiple legit parties. Unlikely...
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:38 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:52 pm

This, we could do a lot worse than coming out of this with multiple legit parties. Unlikely...
The Progressives, like The Squad, do not want to be out from under the D umbrella. The only reason they're in office is because of that D besides their name. Without it, they'd all be unemployed.

CA voters kind of proving that now.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

was just reading the reddit comments of a documentary of the Jan 6 capital invasion.

Is it just me.... or is your typical democrat ONLY patriotic when there's a D president? During W Bush and Trump, it was all "this country sucks," all the time. But now, they're behaving as if the pillars of American Freedom were being shaken, and by god they would give their last drop of blood to defend it. In spite of it just being a stupid case of aggressive trespassing. No sacred government official was every in any real danger. I think I heard a cop had a heart attack or something, so aside from him I guess.

Just my impression.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:40 am or is your typical democrat ONLY patriotic when there's a D president? During W Bush and Trump, it was all "this country sucks," all the time. But now, they're behaving as if the pillars of American Freedom were being shaken,
I dont think you're listening to typical Democrats.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Just the ones who are vocal.