The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm it’s already legal, why the fuck would the need a bill? That’s retarded. Is your source a moron?
Perhaps they meant she's trying to keep it legal? (Also, kinda if I'm being honest.)
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm Pelosi has come out in favor of stiffer penalties for the STOCK Act which supposedly already punishes insider trading by Congresspeople, but I say is insufficient.
Of course, as you call someone else a moron, you paint Pelosi as a hero of the people. :D Seriously, if you think she, of all people, is trying to end something she has been in the news as doing herself, then you are full of Kool-Aid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:36 pm Perhaps they meant she's trying to keep it legal? (Also, kinda if I'm being honest.)
She's definitely trying to keep it legal, 100, or whatever people text these days.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:36 pm Seriously, if you think she, of all people, is trying to end something she has been in the news as doing herself, then you are full of Kool-Aid.
I know 100% what Pelosi wants, see above.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm I know 100% what Pelosi wants, see above.
Spoken like a typical misogynist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Suburban moms need that free daycare.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm
That is truer than you may think.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm
No, I 100% think it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:37 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm Suburban moms need that free daycare.
No, I 100% think it.
"No" was an improper answer as my statement left wide open the possibility that you did. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

The cost of daycare now is pretty much impossible for lower income workers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:02 pm The cost of daycare now is pretty much impossible for lower income workers.
"Get better jobs!!!"

Seriously though, everything is getting priced out of affordability. We need a culling in the business world. Some sort of consumer Armageddon to reverse a lot of bullshit trends.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:52 pm "Get better jobs!!!"
Or start a daycare and charge a lot.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am
It's kind of surprising that there aren't more daycares.

So many women want to go into teaching. Why not open outstanding day cares? Make a LOT more money doing what you love.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:42 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am

So many women want to go into teaching. Why not open outstanding day cares? Make a LOT more money doing what you love.
Cuz it takes a lot of $$ and effort, and profits aren't great
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:44 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:42 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am Or start a daycare and charge a lot.

Cuz it takes a lot of $$ and effort, and profits aren't great
Turns out so does pretty much everything...

Also, if you think the money is bad in Daycare, you should check out teaching. Shitty pay, long hours, and..get this...you will spend a lot of YOUR OWN MONEY for supplies you need to teach.

A daycare that is setup to be "hoity toity" promoting education over just playing will make money hand over fist. I've seen them. They're recession proof. I don't think stats that lump in all the actual "drop your kids off and we'll make sure they don't die" places is fair or tells the real story.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'd love to take a look at their books. Quick googling says:

People pay $340 per week.
Workers are paid $514 per week. (I was surprised at how low this is)
They can probably watch, what, at least 5 kids? $1700/week
Annual insurance up to $3000/yr - $62.50/week
You're left with about $4500 per month. . . on one worker.

You'll have more than one worker if you have a facility, and I bet 1 worker can watch more than 5 kids. Obviously I'm leaving out a lot of expenses (didn't feel like looking up rent for the facility), but I feel like there's a LOT of money left over to play with, including paying your people more.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Gf used to solo daycare. In Ohio the law was "Six kids, with no more than four under 2." She was charging 125 per week per child, 10 years ago. "Extra housing insurance recommended, not required."

She did it out of her house. So she was already paying for the location/utilities/etc.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

I skipped the in home examples because of the ceiling. She could never grow beyond a very small operation.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

She said...
Its a conundrum. It's super expensive to send your kid. But the workers in centers are also paid squat.

And many low income people get govt subsidies for daycare.

Plus there is a huge tax credit for it, for those who don't get subsidies.
I'd submit that a tax credit in 2022 doesn't help those $500 weekly payments (per kid) in 2021.
Cakedaddy

The Democratic Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

My google said $340/week. $612 for a nanny. Who's paying $500 and what are they getting for it?