The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Cave to semi-wealthy who live in Democratic states.
House Democrats have proposed lifting the federal state and local taxes deduction cap to $72,500 from $10,000 through 2031.
The benefit may primarily flow to those earning more than $200,000, according to a Tax Foundation analysis, and those making $250,000 to $1 million may receive the biggest tax break.
Do not like.

Also, they put back 2 of the 3 proposals that I hate to pay for it. But the 3rd one, current out of the bill, is the most significant one to me.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

I'll keep saying it until I'm dead, neither party represents us and both obey rich masters be they citizens or corporations.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I showed my gf that vid of the girl claiming "cultural appropriation" at her hair dresser. She said "I don't agree with her." I said, "This is your tribe." She wrinkled her mouth.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Polls seem to indicate that the Ds are going to be in trouble heading to the midterm elections.

How much longer are they going to continue thinking Americans want all this woke bullshit at the forefront of policy?

They've got to be particularly concerned about the next presidential election since nobody wants Biden or Harris. On the plus side, a growing number of Rs don't want Trump back either.

New blood 2024!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Anybody know what Pete is talking about here? Is this just a really bad analogy or example?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 pm Anybody know what Pete is talking about here? Is this just a really bad analogy or examp
I assume a bad analogy. Probably trying to allude to how highways were built through poor/minority parts of town back in the day and such.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 pm Anybody know what Pete is talking about here? Is this just a really bad analogy or example?
Oh damn, it was an example, not analogy. I've never heard of this before.
In one of the book's most memorable passages, Caro reveals that Moses ordered his engineers to build the bridges low over the parkway to keep buses from the city away from Jones Beach—buses presumably filled with the poor blacks and Puerto Ricans Moses despised. The story was told to Caro by Sidney M. Shapiro, a close Moses associate and former chief engineer and general manager of the Long Island State Park Commission.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit, that's crazy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 pm Anybody know what Pete is talking about here? Is this just a really bad analogy or example?
Oh damn, it was an example, not analogy. I've never heard of this before.
In one of the book's most memorable passages, Caro reveals that Moses ordered his engineers to build the bridges low over the parkway to keep buses from the city away from Jones Beach—buses presumably filled with the poor blacks and Puerto Ricans Moses despised. The story was told to Caro by Sidney M. Shapiro, a close Moses associate and former chief engineer and general manager of the Long Island State Park Commission.
This guy says that book is full of shit and cites proof.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Stock markets rose at annual rate of more than 600% during her tenure!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

If she honestly tried to use that when running for president, I would be impressed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

New York is going to give 800K non-citizens the ability and right to vote in local elections.

And they're bragging about it.

Maybe I'll renounce my citizenship so I can have more rights with fewer responsibilities. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

D pollster points out that Ds have a huge branding problem.

Hard to argue they're wrong. Outside of the infrastructure bill I can't think of any coverage or speeches recently from D sources/Ds that were about the economy and not linked to social issues in some way.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

New NYC mayor wants workers back in the office despite COVID.

This is pretty interesting considering how strict NYC is with their covid policies/testing/rules. Not to mention the stance of other folks on his side of the aisle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Democrats: We need to raise taxes, but will do what we can to reduce our people's taxes.
New York business owners are saving billions of dollars in taxes by using a state-approved system for sidestepping the $10,000 federal cap on state and local tax deductions.

Owners of closely held businesses paid the state $11 billion in pass-through entity taxes by the end of 2021, according to the state’s Department of Tax and Finance. Pass-through businesses usually don’t pay income taxes directly but pass income and deductions through to their owners’ individual returns.

By paying New York’s new pass-through entity tax, those business owners shifted their state income taxes from their individual tax returns—where the cap would pinch them—to their business filings, where the cap doesn’t affect them.

The total represents about one-sixth of New York’s projected personal income tax revenue for the fiscal year ending March 31. The result: If those business owners had an average federal tax rate of 32%, they would be saving more than $3 billion.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Maybe if the government spent some time eliminating wasteful spending and closing loopholes perhaps they wouldn't need to constantly raise taxes?

Ha! C'mon, they'd still raise taxes. It'll never be enough.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

They can keep squeezing until people with guns storm the capitol.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:56 am Maybe if the government spent some time eliminating wasteful spending and closing loopholes perhaps they wouldn't need to constantly raise taxes?

Ha! C'mon, they'd still raise taxes. It'll never be enough.
GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:24 am They can keep squeezing until people with guns storm the capitol.
Yeah, taxes aren't high on a historical basis.