The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 am That fat filmmaker MICHAEL MOORE, jut remembered his name... made a whole movie about how awesome cuba is.
This one? Not the whole movie.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 am
GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 am That fat filmmaker MICHAEL MOORE, jut remembered his name... made a whole movie about how awesome cuba is.
Maybe. I remember some scene about him being on a little boat off shore, asking for health care or something through a megaphone. Or something.

It was stupid and there's a reason I could barely remember his name, now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:20 am Yeah, that's the quotation I was referencing in the Fox News article. In the EXACT SAME INTERVIEW he condemned Cuba's leadership, etc. But let's not mention that.
That's the only part of the quote I saw. Bad on the folks for not putting the rest out there, BUT it still shows how fucking delusional he is regarding communism. How hard did he condemn Fidel? Was it a cursory "Oh yeah, and dictators are bad" or was it far harsher?

This reminds me of Jane Fonda's trip to NK, Sean Penn's trip to Venezuela, and Rodman's trip to NK. These elites go to these places and everything is hidden from them. They're allowed to talk to specific people only and see only areas that have been prepped. It's all show.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:27 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 am
Maybe. I remember some scene about him being on a little boat off shore, asking for health care or something through a megaphone. Or something.

It was stupid and there's a reason I could barely remember his name, now.
Michael Moore is just a propagandist. Remember Bowling for Columbine and how it ends with a very aggressive and violent speech by Charlton Heston who at the time was the president of the NRA? The only problem is that Heston never gave that speech. Moore took many of Heston's former speeches and spliced them together to be a damning speech that he wanted. Didn't that movie win the Oscar for "Best Documentary"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Cori Bush claims to have been homeless three times in her life.

She also wants to defund the police, but spent more on private security for herself than any other House member.
“My security is not against communal violence,” she added. “My security is not to keep me safe from the people of St. Louis. It’s to keep me safe from those racist attempts made against my life.”
I must have missed all of the stories about assassination attempts on this stupid bitch.

This is an elected official... We're doomed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Opinion piece on CNN with this headline: "Is it time for Democrats to write-off working class White voters?"

This isn't on the Ds, but rather CNN and this opinion writer. This just really hits me wrong. "Hey, let's just ignore this massive segment of society. Fuck 'em." Coming from the side of the aisle that claims to be constantly fighting bigotry and divisiveness it just seems to show that they're just as full of shit as the other side.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

The democrats have been working hard to destroy the middle class, so it makes sense they are pivoting away from wooing their votes.

:-D
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Three Ds in Texas return to their jobs and are being painted as Judases by their colleagues.

I'm with the trio. You're elected officials who are paid to do one thing and all the rest of them are enjoying a taxpayer funded vacation while their constituents are getting no representation. You win some, you lose some, you have no right to run off and pout because you didn't get your way. Don't like something? Change minds, win votes, then change the law.

No elected official has the right to go on an indefinite paid-for vacation to throw a temper tantrum.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Actually.... I THINK I remember learning in grade school that there's no actual law requiring elected lawmakers to ever go to work?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Local politician Jack Ford attended only 25% of all city council meetings when he was a councilman. He then went on to become mayor.

We need laws that hold politicians accountable.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Andrew Yang is leaving the D party and forming a new third party.

Left wing Twitter is pretty pissed. Their comments range from "He was nothing anyway" to "Congrats on winning the election for Trump".

To be fair to Yang, left wing Twitter attacks anyone that doesn't perfectly tow the line.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Opinion piece hammering the Ds for not getting their shit together when they have the power in DC.

It does remind me a lot of when Rs took control in W's first term and they basically just shot themselves in the foot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 am Opinion piece hammering the Ds for not getting their shit together when they have the power in DC.

It does remind me a lot of when Rs took control in W's first term and they basically just shot themselves in the foot.
I would like them to not raise taxes so much.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:25 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 am Opinion piece hammering the Ds for not getting their shit together when they have the power in DC.

I would like them to not raise taxes so much.
sorry, that's their lynchpin for anything they think of doing.

I'm just glad we're not holding illegal immigrant kids at the border, any more. My understanding under trump was that it was a humanitarian crisis. Prolly first thing Biden fixed, day 1.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Kamala Harris makes a video about space with students. Why is it all over the news? Because it turns out all the "students" are paid actors and it's completely scripted.

And when was it filmed? Apparently during the fall of Afghanistan and the border crisis with the 13-15K Haitians. (Remember how she was assigned to the border crisis by Biden?)

Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Ds in Virginia claiming the USPS is negatively affecting their election efforts.

Rs make the claim in 2020, Ds scoff.
Ds now make the claim, Rs scoff.

The two party system sucks ass. It's an endless cycle of both parties taking turns doing the same shit over and over.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Greed is good... or something. I dunno, people are jerks. Yesterday at the car dealership, we came back from one of the test drives (car person doesn't go with you - thanks, Covid!), and some dude had apparently shown up and been an entitled ass to our female car salesperson.

People should just be nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm People should just be nice.
It really isn't difficult.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:32 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm People should just be nice.
It really isn't difficult.
The evidence says otherwise?

Based on how people act, apparently.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) almost gets it right...

To be fair and give equal time:
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) also said Wednesday he plans to introduce legislation to close the loophole.
Don't get me wrong, what they are fighting for here is important and I support it. However, one can't help but notice a glaring omission:
Gillibrand's bill, the Stop Foreign Interference in Ballot Measures Act, would amend the prohibition on foreign national donations to U.S. political campaigns to include state and local ballot initiatives.
-The law as currently written has been interpreted to exclude such contests from the definition of "elections."
-As a result, the Federal Election Commission ruled over the summer that bans on foreign national donations to U.S. political campaigns do not apply to ballot committees.
Point being, this comes off as "We don't want foreign entities paying for ads to influence your vote on ballot issues, but...if those same foreign entities want to buy a politician that writes the laws, then that's fine."