The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I am honestly pretty depressed about a family member that's gone full Trump. The uncles I don't mind, but this is a cousin I was close to, so bummer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Nephew-in-law's mother is full tilt crazy. On medication because of how upset she is that the election was stolen. Has changed her will. Has cut off coms with a son and daughter because they support "Black Lives Matter". One daughter doesn't leave her alone with her kids because of comments she's made about how she can't bare her grandchildren growing up in a world where something like Trump getting beaten can happen. Has lost friends. And it's a complete shock to me as she was always very level headed. VERY much into her grandchildren/kids. Is an ER nurse (so educated, etc). Oh, and the virus was a hoax. She's 100% lost it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't remember where we had all the protest/riot stuff from last summer, so I'll throw this follow up piece here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Some fight is going on between Trump and I don't give a fuck.

Trump's gone. Fuck him. I don't know why he's still in the headlines except the MSM might be realizing his antics were making them money?

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting this is because Lindsey Graham is a main player in the story. I only work occasionally in South Carolina, so I don't know a ton about him aside from the fact that I've never liked him. He just always struck me as one of the elitist politicians who truly believe themselves above everyone and have been in Washington for what feels like forever. (Him, Pelosi, Kaptur, McConnell, etc. You know the list.)

Well, last night I learned about Lady G for the first time. Just rumors and not judging, but it would be fascinating if true, simply because of his politics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:31 pm SCOTUS says Trump's taxes are fair game.
Good.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Romney warns Trump could win the nomination in 2024 by a landslide.

I truly wonder if cancel culture and progressivism has resulted in a perfect storm of sorts for Trump. Is change being forced upon the populace too fast? Are people simply pushing back and Trump just happens to be in the right place at the right time? Are older white people sick of being blamed for all the ills of the world?

Nobody needs Trump 2024...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Trump spent 20 years running for president before he could find a theme that resonated. And it wasn't that he was in the right place in the right time, but rather that he grabbed onto that theme. Because that's not (entirely) who he was 20 years ago.

I mean, he fucked over the people who supported him, but they don't seem to have noticed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That last sentence is my point. I don't know if a lot are "Trumpers" or simply fighting against a society they feel is shitting on them?
Troy

Post by Troy »

The good news here is that Trump is an Obese old man whose clock is ticking. Jr. looks more coked out every video he puts up behind his wall-o-guns. In the right-wing world, Ivanka is only good as a show piece on fox news once Trump is gone. Baron has a future in the NBA. The dynasty is drying up.

I made that part about Baron up but he's super tall.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 pm The dynasty is drying up.
One term isn't much of a dynasty.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:47 pm
In their heads it was the Holy Roman Empire. The pinnacle of civilization, the good times.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:16 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:47 pm
In their heads it was the Holy Roman Empire. The pinnacle of civilization, the good times.
Nah, they probably think that was between 1619 and most of the 1700s... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Trump tax returns are now in the hands of the Manhattan district attorney
So... how long until those details are leaked?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:35 pm
Trump tax returns are now in the hands of the Manhattan district attorney
So... how long until those details are leaked?
Could be a while as the latest update I saw said there were "millions of pages" of the documents. IMHO, they have four years to find something and make it so he can't run again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Goya Foods' CEO still thinks Trump is the president.

I'm sure their stockholders are thrilled.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am Will Trump clear his legal woes for another run in 2024?

I would wager no.
All elected officials need a very high level of scrutiny.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Two Capital officers suing Trump over riot.

I really hope they win. Not just because I firmly believe Trump holds some responsibility for the riot, but also because I think it would set a nice precedent holding "leaders" responsible for words that incite violence.

Trump has a new website.

50% of CNN's headlines would probably be left blank if Trump just disappeared. :D

"Durham report" is still on the way.

This is the one to watch. If he proves there was some illegal stuff going on against Trump's campaign, it is going to validate (in their own minds) a lot of the Trumplicans, and probably be enough to bring back folks who walked from Trump in the last election. This would be Trump's springboard to 2024.

Of course, if Durham comes back saying nothing illegal went on it should, hopefully, further weaken his chances of re-election. However, it might further embolden the loonies who think there's some massive conspiracy against Trump.

There's just no winning...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 am 50% of CNN's headlines would probably be left blank if Trump just disappeared.
Imagine if there was a news source that focused on reporting facts, and not engaging in a grudge match.
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 am This is the one to watch. If he proves there was some illegal stuff going on against Trump's campaign, it is going to validate (in their own minds) a lot of the Trumplicans, and probably be enough to bring back folks who walked from Trump in the last election.
Imagine if there had been consequences for Hillary's closet server that made it easier for china to read her emails, that is an admitted fact and beyond dispute. I don't think they're going to start holding politicians responsible for shit, because someone might be expected to enforce the law for both parties. It would be a dangerous precedent.

I don't think we live in this world of fantasy. Rich people do what they want.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."