The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Stayed and on to the court of appeals
"The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on Monday granted President Donald Trump a last-minute reprieve in his effort to prevent New York prosecutors from obtaining his tax records.

The stay was issued not long after a federal judge rejected Trump’s claim that he was immune from criminal investigations in a bid to block a subpoena from the Manhattan district attorney seeking eight years of personal and business tax returns.

As a result of the stay, Mazars USA, the president's tax preparer, doesn't have to hand over the documents by 1 p.m. Monday, as was required. A panel of appellate judges will hear the case on an expedited basis and then issue a ruling."
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

He's trolling everyone, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Plz just get rid of him, don’t care how
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I see all the stuff coming out of the Ukraine on the Democrats and Obama administration and I think I HAVE to vote to keep these people out of power. Then Trump starts tweeting and I go back to trying to care.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

In that last one he sounds legit insane.

Unless he was trying to be funny? Even so....
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: in my great and unmatched wisdom
I read that and had to look to see if it was a fake account or if he got hacked.

He's fucking insane.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Whistleblower had 'professional' tie to 2020 Democratic candidate
Now, however, there is word of more evidence of possible bias on the whistleblower's part. Under questioning from Republicans during last Friday's impeachment inquiry interview with Atkinson, the inspector general revealed that the whistleblower's possible bias was not that he was simply a registered Democrat. It was that he had a significant tie to one of the Democratic presidential candidates currently vying to challenge President Trump in next year's election.

"The IG said [the whistleblower] worked or had some type of professional relationship with one of the Democratic candidates," said one person with knowledge of what was said.
This is reaching the point where it HAS to be the Democrats in panic mode over something. A year from the election, why would they paint themselves into a corner like this? Especially since we now know that they had access to the witness and complaint long before it went public? It's the only way this makes any sense.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

A year from the election, and the democrats still don't have anyone who can defeat trump.

THAT IS HILARIOUS.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

If Trump started wearing a crown and robe while carrying a scepter, I don't think I'd blink twice.

He's slightly ahead of that guy who runs every election while wearing the boot on his head.

And the Dems are losing to that...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Are you questioning Trump's "great and unmatched wisdom"?

Heretic!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Trump cedes territory in Syria captured from ISIS to Turkey
Says the attack that everyone knew was coming as a result of his actions is a "bad idea"
"The United States does not endorse this attack and has made it clear to Turkey that this operation is a bad idea," Trump said in a statement released by the White House. "Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place—and we will hold them to this commitment."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Whistleblower had 'professional' tie to 2020 Democratic candidate
Now, however, there is word of more evidence of possible bias on the whistleblower's part. Under questioning from Republicans during last Friday's impeachment inquiry interview with Atkinson, the inspector general revealed that the whistleblower's possible bias was not that he was simply a registered Democrat. It was that he had a significant tie to one of the Democratic presidential candidates currently vying to challenge President Trump in next year's election.

"The IG said [the whistleblower] worked or had some type of professional relationship with one of the Democratic candidates," said one person with knowledge of what was said.
This is reaching the point where it HAS to be the Democrats in panic mode over something. A year from the election, why would they paint themselves into a corner like this? Especially since we now know that they had access to the witness and complaint long before it went public? It's the only way this makes any sense.
Or maybe it was yet another lie.
The lawyers representing a whistleblower whose complaint has plunged President Donald Trump into impeachment proceedings describe the person as a civil servant who has never worked for or advised any political candidate, campaign or party.
"Our client has spent their entire government career in apolitical, civil servant positions in the Executive Branch," the lawyers stated.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”
Actually unbelievable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

At this point the Democrats could put him on trial for using insufficient postage, and I'd vote to impeach + remove.
“Now the Kurds are fighting for their land,” Trump told reporters during a press conference on Wednesday night. “They didn’t help us in the Second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy, for example.”

Trump attributed the points to an article he said he had read, which wasn’t identified, that dismissed the importance of the Kurdish alliance. He suggested that Kurds had battled alongside U.S. forces for “their land.” “They’re there to help us with their land, and that’s a different thing.”
DOUBT
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

A lot of Republians don't understand the Constitution.
"It’s unconscionable that Speaker Pelosi is arbitrarily choosing to impeach the President without holding a single vote to do so," Rep. Neal Dunn, R-Fla., noted Wednesday. "It’s un-American and flies in the face of the Constitution."
Nope. It does not.
Article II, Section IV states only, "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors," leaving lawmakers to figure out the rest.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: At this point the Democrats could put him on trial for using insufficient postage, and I'd vote to impeach + remove.
Worst president ever, but he's so fucking entertaining! Every time I think he can't top this, he does! I mean, both things you and Troy quoted are so insane, off the mark, and lacking in tact. He's thisclose to being President Camacho.
TheCatt wrote: A lot of Republians don't understand the Constitution.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure most politicians don't understand the Constitution.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Oh, that set of rules they are sometimes, but not always, held to?

How quaint.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Oh, that set of rules they are sometimes, but not always, held to?

How quaint.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Worst president ever, but he's so fucking entertaining! Every time I think he can't top this, he does! I mean, both things you and Troy quoted are so insane, off the mark, and lacking in tact. He's thisclose to being President Camacho.
Before he was elected, I thought he'd just say stupid things, but not do so many stupid things. I thought the Republicans would basically keep him on the rails.

I was very wrong.