The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

He professes a series of beliefs about the powerful manipulating the world in ways visible only to those able to see through the deception. He knows he is one of them.

“There are so many people walking around half asleep,” he says. “They don’t know what’s going on.”

In Mr. Sweet’s world of false conspiracies, financier George Soros is both a Nazi and a Communist who pays leftist activists to burn and loot American cities. QAnon, a conspiracy-theory group that believes Mr. Trump is under assault by devil worshipers, speaks the truth. A Washington pizza parlor serves pies made of children’s blood to Satanists who know to order off-menu. The U.S. military invaded Afghanistan to seize control of the heroin trade. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and House Speaker Pelosi drink children’s blood in a quest for eternal youth.

“I’m not going to go open a court case saying [Ms. Clinton] eats children,” Mr. Sweet says. “But I can believe that she might eat children.”
WSJ profile of one of the Capitol attackers

This is like the Dunning–Kruger effect on steroids.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The NYSBA is a voluntary bar association that cannot disbar Giuliani
So it seems he's going to be kicked out of a club, but not disbarred.
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

Post by GORDON »

Fuck the mall watchers. Throw out Posse Comitatus and get fat army guys in there. See is Macarthur if available again to lead them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

NYC looking to end contracts with Trump.

Kushner takes away Trump's social media access 4 years too late.

Because of the dumb way CNN posts news stories covering the same subject, it's pointless to try and link them, but there McConnell is making moves to get the GOP behind ousting Trump.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:42 pm but there McConnell is making moves to get the GOP behind ousting Trump.
Didn't do much in the House, but we'll see when the Senate votes.

Trump: Only President to be impeached twice. #MAGA
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Fuck all the R's that didn't vote to impeach, pandering to the Trump base.

I realize that impeaching at this point might seem like a waste of money/time/etc. But honestly, I'm so against any chance of him running again that I'm all for it! Do just enough to stop him from running again. I don't care if he goes to jail, etc. He's rich. He won't anyway. Do JUST enough to keep him from doing any more damage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm Fuck all the R's that didn't vote to impeach, pandering to the Trump base.
Agree.
Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm But honestly, I'm so against any chance of him running again that I'm all for it! Do just enough to stop him from running again.
I didn't get the impeachment at this point until Catt pointed that out earlier, then it made sense. Although, I think he's done running for office. He'll now become a media figure and hero to right wing lunatics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trump administration executes 11th inmate.

12th.

Notice the defense for both is mental illness or capacity? Don't you have to have issues there to commit murder?

Also, I'm not buying Johnson's IQ being 69. Not with that statement, unless someone wrote it for him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The pardons are coming tomorrow.

This is a stupid tradition.

"The law makes us all equal"...unless you have the money or connections to circumvent your punishment.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:26 am "The law makes us all equal"...unless you have the money or connections to circumvent your punishment.
Right?

I hate our legal system almost as much as our healthcare system.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's blatant corruption, bribery, political favoritism, and so on passed off as acceptable behavior by an elected official.

If someone was unjustly imprisoned, we shouldn't need to wait until the end of a term to pardon them.

If someone was justly imprisoned, why is it cool if the president pardons them because they're his/her friend, have money, can hook him/her up later, and so on? Where's our morally superior MSM to condemn this bullshit?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Could this guy get a pardon?

I think I'm for this pardon. While he definitely deserved to go to prison for the one thing, he was clearly setup on the other thing (a charge they couldn't make stick). Plus, it'd be fun to watch his murderous rival lose her shit if he got out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sadly, I don't see Joe Exotic among the pardons.

He also didn't pardon himself or his family, which is interesting. Makes me wonder if a deal was cut assuring him that they won't pursue criminal charges for anything?

IMHO, Trump is a massive bitch running away to hide instead of being there to welcome Biden. Wonder if he even left the traditional letter to the next president? Highly doubtful.

At least he can rest easy knowing that in 100-150 years, he'll no longer be considered the worst president ever. Sure, some historians will still remember, but people who lived during Trump will mostly be extinct, and people of that era will hate someone more current.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 am Wonder if he even left the traditional letter to the next president? Highly doubtful.
Credit where it's due. My phone got a news alert saying he did leave the letter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 am Sure, some historians will still remember, but people who lived during Trump will mostly be extinct, and people of that era will hate someone more current.
A lot of 1800s presidents were terrible, but yeah, no one talks about them any more.
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 am Wonder if he even left the traditional letter to the next president? Highly doubtful.
Credit where it's due. My phone got a news alert saying he did leave the letter.
I want to see it first.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 am I want to see it first.
Nobody gets to as those are strictly between the former and new president. Have any of them ever seen the light of day?

One thing I'm certain of is that it is not an inspirational message of hope and unity.

It's probably:
"Good luck
- Don"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:28 am Have any of them ever seen the light of day?
As I say that, literally 30 seconds later I see this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I read all of those and thought, "You see Clinton, W, and Obama all hanging out and laughing at various events. You hear about their bond and friendship that transcends petty party politics. I don't think we'll see Trump in that group, ever."