The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Troy wrote: This man is trying to get fired so he can go on Christmas vacation early.

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-wide ... 61a6c7f49d
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Genius

My wife got on a Trump mailing list somehow, which is hilarious because she's thisclose to being a fully indoctrinated Democrat. (An explanation for another time.) She hates Trump, yet here's his team emailing her all the time. Those emails read a LOT like the one in the picture.

If I had access to those candles I would absolutely send them and that letter to my crazy right wing uncles. There is zero doubt in my mind that they would light them up on Christmas Eve.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: which is hilarious because she's this close to being a fully indoctrinated Democrat. (An explanation for another time.)
After the past 4 years, no explanation needed.

McConnell finally congratulated Biden + Harris.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, Trump has definitely made people moving away from the right easier to understand, but is it just him?

She's always been a "both parties are full of shit" middle of the road person like me. Then the country shut down and she started watching the Today Show every morning. Now her beliefs haven't changed (mostly), but she recites a lot of Dem talking points.

It's pretty interesting. I think most people would believe themselves to be immune to influence, but they would be wrong. The MSM is genuinely a massive problem based on how they manipulate opinion, intentional or not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: She's always been a "both parties are full of shit" middle of the road person like me. Then the country shut down and she started watching the Today Show every morning. Now her beliefs haven't changed (mostly), but she recites a lot of Dem talking points.
The breaking point for me was how the Republican party treats Americans. NC used to have one of the best public college-level systems in the country. We still have a strong system, but it could be better. And when I went, tuition was < $2k a YEAR. I know because I had a "full" tuition scholarship, and it was up to $2k a year. Now it's $9k. Adjusting for inflation, it should be around $3-4k. If you train and educate your people, they become smarter. America should invest in America. Instead, Republicans spent years doing what they could to dismantle America, and exporting jobs. I don't really disagree with "America first," but I sure as hell disagree with the implementation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I simply disagree with most of the Rs policies on improving the U.S., their ties and favors to corporations, and their completely backwards old asshats who still think women should be in the kitchen.

However, the Ds so just as much to piss me off and I disagree with a lot of their policies too, including their ties and favors to corporations, their completely out of touch young asshats with delusions about how money is an infinite resource, and their subtle racism verses the Rs blatant racism. I'm both really, really impressed, but also very dismayed by how the Dems wrapped their policies in social issues to win votes and how many voters actually buy into it.

I don't agree with everything Libertarians stand for either, but they're closer to my overall views than the other two.

The only positive I'm finding in political discussions these days is that it's fun as hell to point out hypocrisy and bust chops.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

W takes a shot at Trump.

Nobody's stock has risen as much as W's in the last four years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: W takes a shot at Trump.

Nobody's stock has risen as much as W's in the last four years.
Srsly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: He actually signed an order to create the Space Force.

I mean, eventually I could see such a thing being necessary, but the Air Force has already been handling the space stuff. Not sure why this is necessary.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

16 more days.

Although, I'm a bit concerned that a right wing cousin posted "This will be the most historic week in American history". I really want to comment: "I'll bet you anything it isn't. Put your money where your mouth is!", but who needs that drama?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: a right wing cousin posted "This will be the most historic week in American history".
*black people make eye contact with each other, and chuckle silently*
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Although, I'm a bit concerned that a right wing cousin posted "This will be the most historic week in American history". I really want to comment: "I'll bet you anything it isn't. Put your money where your mouth is!", but who needs that drama?
Some # of people are betting on Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo, but I doubt it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Although, I'm a bit concerned that a right wing cousin posted "This will be the most historic week in American history". I really want to comment: "I'll bet you anything it isn't. Put your money where your mouth is!", but who needs that drama?
Some # of people are betting on Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo, but I doubt it.
Fingers crossed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

How it started, How it's going
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Going pretty lame, it seems. You'd need a massive multi-pronged attack in order to pull this off, and there they are focusing all their efforts in one place where authorities can easily mop them up. Sigh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Is this genuinely a coup or just a bunch of unorganized and pissed off idiots? I'm thinking the later.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Definitely the latter.

I may need to offer up my leadership.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is this genuinely a coup or just a bunch of unorganized and pissed off idiots? I'm thinking the later.
Riots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Is this genuinely a coup or just a bunch of unorganized and pissed off idiots? I'm thinking the later.
Riots.
Riots is too tame. They were intentionally trying to stall the result of American election by violence.

Stop the Steal is more organized than you give them credit for.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean, lemmings are organized too...