The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yep, trains never derailed and banks never crashed until Trump.

I KNOW some of his shit is directly tied to the bank and train crash, but fuck does the finger pointing get old. If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, will Democrats still blame Republicans?

I mean, Ds pushed everything that happened due to Covid pretty fucking hard. Not only was almost all of it wrong, but the economic effects are still being felt and the negative effects to a generation of children's mental and physical health and education are going to be felt for a long time.

But, you know, Trump...

The world would be a utopia if not for Republicans. Just look at California!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Remember when W had low unemployment, and the argument was "yeah but they aren't good jobs?"

That metric seems to have been adjusted now in the gig economy, under a Democrat. Doordash driving must be better than whatever they were doing under W since no one is talking about how these aren't good jobs.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:12 pm Remember when W had low unemployment, and the argument was "yeah but they aren't good jobs?"

That metric seems to have been adjusted now in the gig economy, under a Democrat. Doordash driving must be better than whatever they were doing under W since no one is talking about how these aren't good jobs.
I mean, aside from all the people trying to make those jobs be W2 + benefits instead of the current 1099 world. And all the people talking about that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The latest attempt to "get Trump" is gifts.

I really wish something would work because it really looks like this idiot is not only running again, but has a better than average chance to get the nod.

Nobody sane and/or with an IQ above 10 should want Biden-Trump 2.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Chris Rock calls out lawmakers for wanting Trump arrested.

He says, "It's stupid and will make him more popular."

I had that same thought. Trump's whole schtick is being anti-establishment. This would play right into that. If they arrest him, it had better be something that is a slam dunk and has a substantial penalty that would remove him from the 2024 race.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Fuck does CNN, particularly their profits, miss Trump. Him getting indicted on 34 counts of business fraud has been made their page covering top story.

Make this shit stick and remove him from the 2024 race or you could be creating a monster again.

And let me beat the conspiracy peeps to the punch: Still no Epstein client list...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Fingers crossed for more insurrection.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN poll saying "majority of Americans approve of Trump indictment".

Oddly, about 3/4 also say this indictment was politically motivated, so I guess we're ok with political persecution in this country now?

I've ZERO doubt Trump's business dealings are full of illegal shit however I continue to worry that they're creating a monster. I don't know if they're going to get any of these charges to stick. Far left lawyer Alan Dershowitz agrees with me.

On both things.

Prediction: Rs will be going after the Biden's in the same way the Ds have gone after Trump. The flood gates have been opened. It'd be funny if their greed and lust for power inadvertently caused corruption to be less welcome or possible in government. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Things aren't getting worse, they're getting more obvious."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Walked by Trump tower yesterday. They had 2 blocks of barricades ready to put up. Few police cars, lots of media camera already setup. No protestors or supporters yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:47 pm Walked by Trump tower yesterday. They had 2 blocks of barricades ready to put up. Few police cars, lots of media camera already setup. No protestors or supporters yet.
Was Jack Ruby there yet? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We walked from China town to the Brooklyn bridge today. Turns out our path took us by the courthouse he was going to. Unfortunately that meant the road we wanted was closed. So we walked around the closure. Tons of police in the area. Helicopter, at least 1 police copter. We walked back from the bridge 1 hour before his arrival. There was a single block park that had a fair number of pro Trump and anti trump protestors. Honestly just not a ton of people.

We walked right behind a newscaster, so we were on some live TV, but not sure which.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:50 pm There was a single block park that had a fair number of pro Trump and anti trump protestors. Honestly just not a ton of people.
I really do wonder if the majority of people, pro and con, are just over him and sick of the circus. Most people, including most Rs, don't want him running for president again.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wonder how many were there because they wanted to be there, and how many were paid to be there for the cameras. On both sides.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:09 pm I wonder how many were there because they wanted to be there, and how many were paid to be there for the cameras. On both sides.
Accent wise, it sounded like a bunch of New York's finest unemployed persons showed up to scream at each other.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have been thinking about it, and IF Trump is still able to run and is in any debate, the first candidate to say to him, "I prefer candidates who don't get indicted" or something like that will get my vote. :lol:
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Meh. I don't care about accounting malfeasance. Sitting politicians do much worse everyday, prolly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:54 pm Sitting politicians do much worse everyday, prolly.
Ridiculous. You only say that because they all become millionaires even though their salary could never get them there!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:54 pm Meh. I don't care about accounting malfeasance. Sitting politicians do much worse everyday, prolly.
Enron loves you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I doubt that, my opinion isn't wrapped in a stack of hundreds.