The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

They weren't trying to change the government. In fact, they were fighting for NO change. They wanted things to keep going like they had been for the last 4.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I already said they sucked.

It's not like it's a sad thing that congress had to take a 2-day break from further curtailing civil liberties.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:44 pm Their goal was to keep Trump in the white house. That's not fighting for change. That's fighting for an idiot. To glom on to their actions in support of 'change' would be like voting for Obama in support of 'change'. Nothing was going to change based on their goal that day.
Exactly.

Morons from one part of one political spectrum, without a plan, strong arming their way into a government building, where they would ultimately not be able to actually do anything, isn't how you effect change. Particularly when you're doing it to oppose democratic election results that were found, time and again, to have been fair. Not to mention, basing your actions on conspiracy theories pushed by a falling from grace egomaniac.

It's the same as the rioters during the BLM marches. The marches became a side piece, while the riots became "the story".

(This was written about 3 hours ago and I just shoehorned it in, so if I'm repeating...tough shit.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What would Sigmund say about this? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Lol.

Can we get some younger senators please? but not a crazy one?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hawley is definitely an idiot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Republicans: There's no such thing as Office of the President Elect, Biden just made that up.

Trump invents "Office of the Former President" and conservatives have no comment that I've seen.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I know four guys who have a legit case against that title.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I guess this belongs here...?

If you didn't get your $600 stimulus yet, it might come via mail on a debit card.

And the USPS has been so efficient lately it's simply shocking everyone doesn't have it yet!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:11 am And the USPS has been so efficient lately it's simply shocking everyone doesn't have it yet!
Took 2.5 weeks for a check I wrote to hit my broker this month. My one client who still uses checks usually has that to me by the 15th to 19th. It's arriving later today.

Fucking USPS.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:04 amFucking USPS.
Is it time to outsource their work to UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Amazon?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

WHY VOTE WHEN YOUR VOTE WILL JUST BE STOLEN!!!?1!?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Manhattan DA is looking into prosecuting Bannon for the crimes Trump pardoned.

This is really interesting. I'm firmly against the pardons for friends, allies, and rich/connected people. This move would basically open Pandora's box, and allow anyone to go after people pardoned by a president.

No idea of the legalities, and I'm sure even the Manhattan DA doesn't know, but this is one to watch.

I fully expected rich/connected people are going to get to the Manhattan DA and "encourage" them to stop...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

To not be charged for the same crime twice is a pretty basic right.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 am To not be charged for the same crime twice is a pretty basic right.
I believe it's only if you're found innocent in a court of law? Double jeopardy.

This would be finding someone guilty of something they were already found guilty of, which is not something I've ever heard of before?

OR they could simply be looking for new charges. Kind of like how a mass murderer can be convicted of each crime they committed, not just a single murder charge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Pardons are federal. Afaik, do not impact state charges. I could be wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pretty intolerant opinion piece explaining what to do if your polite neighbors are Trumpers.

Although, I'm pretty intolerant of people who still have political signs in their yard. Trump, Biden, some local person, etc. They're either being a sore loser, sore winner, or lazy. None are acceptable.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You forgot psychos who think it still means something to show support for him. Trump is the new rebel flag. It's over, move on. TRUMP WILL RISE AGAIN!