Gender pill

For stuff that is general.
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: Sadly, you can't tell if Munroe is aware that the Titania account is a parady.
Titania is quoting Munroe here, not the other way around.
Ah... correct.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

I get backwards sometimes. Some responses come before and some after. I think it's the software they use. Or maybe they're screen capturing and responding to and actual graphic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I get backwards sometimes. Some responses come before and some after. I think it's the software they use. Or maybe they're screen capturing and responding to and actual graphic.
I can't blame you, I had to check the timestamps to be sure :) Honestly, twitter's mostly a land of garbage, but I follow a fair # of tech feeds through it, so I check it about once a day to see if anything relevant to my job has happened.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

I'd choose X, because fuckit, why not.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I'd choose X, because fuckit, why not.
I agree completely. I think everyone should choose X just because they can.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

I would milk it for all the minority bennies I could think of.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Big piece of transgender folks being murdered annually.

A lot of them are black, and most are killed by people they know.

The black community's lack of acceptance of people that aren't straight would be a curious case of bigotry that is going unreported, but then I remember that only straight white men are bigots.
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

I've seen a lot of numbers on these deaths. The media doesn't report, or under reports a lot of the key facts on these cases. Domestic violence is a big factor. Dysfunctional people end up in dysfunctional relationships. Who knew? Also, a large number of them involve trans people in the sex trade.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Deleted tweet
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Deleted tweet
It was a silly joke.

"You're telling me this ENTIRE Siberian Orchestra is trans?"
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Ah. The woke scolds got him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Several states are blocking kids from access to procedures and medicines related to gender reassignment.

While I'm all for transgender rights, I'm in total agreement here.

All of our studies, laws, policies, experiences as a species, and so on point to kids being kids and not fully able to grasp making massive decisions. States typically require a child to be a certain age before being able to have sex legally (16-18 most places, 15 in the deep south, and 3 in Hollywood). You can't legally sign contracts as a child. You can't vote until you're 18. You can't rent a hotel room or car, I forget which, until you're 25. You can't buy a pack of smokes until you're 18 or buy booze until you're 21. You can't get a tattoo until you're 18 or something.

So why would we allow kids to alter their body chemistry or cut off their penis?

I don't think allowing someone to make a monumental life altering decision at a time when they're the least able to make such a decision is wise.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

I remember when this same science was figured out for gay people. Boy did they get mad when it was suggested that it could then be avoided or cured...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

connecticut female high school athletes file suit against trans females being allowed to compete
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Oh snap. Will a precedent be set?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

The two transpeople
Yearwood, a senior at Cromwell High School, and Miller, a senior at Bloomfield High School, issued statements vehemently defending their right to run in girls events.

“I have faced discrimination in every aspect of my life and I no longer want to remain silent," Miller said. “I am a girl and I am a runner. I participate in athletics just like my peers to excel, find community, and meaning in my life. It is both unfair and painful that my victories have to be attacked and my hard work ignored.”

Yearwood said she also is a girl and has been hurt by the efforts to “tear down my successes.”

“I will never stop being me!" she said in her statement. "I will never stop running! I hope that the next generation of trans youth doesn't have to fight the fights that I have. I hope they can be celebrated when they succeed not demonized. For the next generation, I run for you!”
Connecticut is one of 17 states that allowed transgender high school athletes to compete without restrictions in 2019, according to Transathlete.com, which tracks state policies in high school sports across the country. Eight states had restrictions that make it difficult for transgender athletes to compete while in school, such requiring athletes to compete under the gender on their birth certificate, or allowing them to participate only after going through sex reassignment procedures or hormone therapies, according to Transathlete.

Yearwood and Miller have said they are still in the process of transitioning but have declined to provide details.