Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Dont ruin swimsuits for me.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

A legit question. I've been very confused over the silence from feminists when it comes to the trans movement. And I'm not picking any side here, just interested in how groups are or are not reacting to things. Most of the women I know are absolutely ok with trans people, but are not ok with them dominating women's sports and winning "woman of the year" awards. Seems like feminists are missing a huge opportunity to boost their numbers and set very specific boundaries. Of course, doing so would mean going against the woke movement, and as we've seen in many examples, it doesn't matter how woke you are, the second you question even one thing on the agenda you immediately get labeled a "Trumplican", "Nazi", or a "right wing group/person".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

I'VE HEARD the pro-trans people are angry at feminists for pushing back, but I've not actually seen any feminist push-back about trans athletes. That is just a circle I choose to not inhabit. My own feminist, liberal, mother-of-a-trans child girlfriend is generally against men becoming women and then dominating women's sports, so I guess that's a first-hand observation.

We have to get away from "every opinion is valid" and make it ok for officials to say, "you're an idiot so please shut up." If we always cater to retards, the world becomes retarded.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:15 am We have to get away from "every opinion is valid" and make it ok for officials to say, "you're an idiot so please shut up." If we always cater to retards, the world becomes retarded.
This.

Everyone in the "woke" movement has never heard the phrase "You cannot please all of the people all of the time." It's awesome and just to fight for everyone's right to "be", however that doesn't mean it's ok to squash other people's rights in that fight. Not everyone is born to be a brain surgeon or an NFL QB. Grow up and accept that fact.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

There's been some news on the trans woman college swimmer.

U of Arizona swimmers officially complained as a group, yesterday.

Images of her being airbrushed in pics so she looks less like a man.

Caitlyn Jenner says her competing against biological women is bullshit, so is apparently transphobic.

And this is I think the most insidious thing..... apparently she tied for 5th in a women's swim meet, recently. The story is about how she got the trophy and the other woman didn't, but what I think is evil is the fact she threw the race in order to hide her ridiculous advantage. "Look, see, biological women CAN compete against me fairly, I totally didn't come in first!" I've always hated liars like that.

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/n ... with-ncaa/

Personally, if I were a female swimmer I like to think I'd have the guts to just not compete against her. "What's the point, she'll easily blow us away. Just give the trophy to the brave, strong woman."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Men are the best female swimmers. What can't they do? So brave.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:49 pm Men are the best female swimmers. What can't they do? So brave.
I laughed.

I happened to see a YouTube video of a protest by feminists wearing "Homeless Feminist" T-Shirts. I wondered what it was about and they won't support the Rs (mainly abortion being the reason) and now the Ds are pushing them aside because of the transwomen in sports issue.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Apparently her personal best is 2 minutes faster than the women's national record. Men continue being the best women.

Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Southern OH university has to pay a professor $400K because he refused to use requested pronouns.

This went to court and he won. The school is claiming this was politics although he won on the basis of his religion.

Ok, now what if you don't believe in religion, but you believe in science? Guy wants to be called she, sure. Girl wants to be called he, sure. Guy or girl wants to be called them, no problem.

However, once we go past that, you lose me. I don't buy into neopronouns. Sorry.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Not all kids who go through trans medical procedures end up awesome.
Countries that have gone down the “gender affirming” road—like Norway, Sweden, France—are now reversing course in the absence of evidence that such care actually improves mental health outcomes for dysphoric children. Pioneering doctors, like Erica Anderson of the University of California San Francisco’s Child and Adolescent Gender Clinic—herself a transwoman who has helped hundreds of teens through their transitions—are warning of the dangers of this policy. Critics say that even the phrase "gender-affirming" is misleading—a euphemism for something closer to medical malpractice.
It's like kids are easily manipulated and don't really know who they are until they're older. We should probably implement some laws to protect them like making sure they can't drink, smoke, have sex, vote, rent hotel rooms, drive, and so on. Children just aren't experienced and wise enough to make decisions on those topics for themselves. Weird that cutting off body parts would also be in that list.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

There are a WHOLE BUNCH of so-called "Terfs" getting branded as transphobic because they refuse to share the delusion. This stops, I would guess the majority of people, from speaking up about it for fear of retribution.

As a disclaimer, obviously I fully support every adult's right to decide to act like whatever gender they want. I no longer feel the need to have an opinion about it, and would even defend their right to do so. But biology is biology, and anyone who went through puberty as a male has an unfair advantage over everyone who did not, full stop, no discussion.

I hope we get past this Age of Stupidity intact, but I'm not willing to bet on it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I've been seeing more and more lesbians speaking up on Twitter that they support the rights of LGB...and either Q or T, but I don't want to guess...and the other letter and the + are bullshit. They're screaming that their fight for equality and rights has been hijacked by all of these other people and their nonsense. I've even seen "Homeless Feminists" rallying and they call themselves that because they think the Ds have abandoned them in favor of transpeople.

I believe I've stated this before, but we're a theater family, and thus, know a lot of LGB people and to a person they are all fully against all of the neopronoun stuff.

But I feel like we're moving into territory that should be in the Fabulous thread...
GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:41 am As a disclaimer, obviously I fully support every adult's right to decide to act like whatever gender they want. I no longer feel the need to have an opinion about it, and would even defend their right to do so. But biology is biology, and anyone who went through puberty as a male has an unfair advantage over everyone who did not, full stop, no discussion.
No person with a logical and rational mind could argue with this statement. Unfortunately, that's not who either party is catering to and not who the MSM throws in front of their cameras.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Texas supreme court says investigations can continue into parents getting gender swapping treatment for kids, but...

Basically says the governor had no authority to demand such investigations in the first place and denied the original case to go forward.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Relevant
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Lia Thompson speaks.
"The biggest misconception, I think, is the reason I transitioned," Thomas said. "People will say, 'Oh, she just transitioned so she would have an advantage, so she could win.' I transitioned to be happy, to be true to myself."
Nobody thinks you transitioned just to be competitive. At least, nobody with a brain. (Although, there has been one example of someone doing that, but they only did it in words.)
Trans women competing in women's sports does not threaten women's sports as a whole," Thomas said. "Trans women are a very small minority of all athletes. The NCAA rules regarding trans women competing in women's sports have been around for 10-plus years. And we haven't seen any massive wave of trans women dominating."
This is not entirely true.

The 10+ years I don't believe at all, and as stats show, the amount of male athletes transitioning to female has exploded in only the past few years. And yes, they have absolutely dominated their sports.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:51 am Nobody thinks you transitioned just to be competitive.
Right? Wtf?

I thought she transitioned to be more comfortable in her skin, period, and liked swimming.
Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:51 am And yes, they have absolutely dominated their sports.
Have they? I've only seen isolated incidents, like Lia.

I'm not aware of it being too many people. Dartmouth had a trans player on their women's ultimate team a few years ago, and beat UNC, which kinda embittered me. They ran their entire offense through that player. Colorado's women's ultimate team is trans inclusive, but UNC did beat them (by 1) in the championship this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:25 pm Have they? I've only seen isolated incidents, like Lia.
They have. The NZ Olympian weightlifter that shattered tons of world records as soon as she transitioned, that bicyclist who transitioned and has been finishing 1 minute faster than the best women's times, several track and field examples (resulting in law suits by biological female athletes), and so on.

Lia herself dominated in certain events, and there was speculation that she intentionally lost other events to make it look like she wasn't dominating. I have no idea about the validity of those claims, but they'd be pretty easy to prove based on her prior times in whatever event she lost.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:56 pm The NZ Olympian weightlifter that shattered tons of world records as soon as she transitioned,
Nope
Leisher wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:56 pm that bicyclist who transitioned and has been finishing 1 minute faster than the best women's times,
This one has just been winning some age group records, nothing significant Emily Bridges wasn't allowed to compete.
Bridges – who set a national junior men’s record over 25 miles in 2018 – had been due to compete against several British Olympians, including Dame Laura Kenny, in her first race in the women’s category. However the UCI ruled the 21-year-old, who began hormone therapy last year to reduce her testosterone levels, was currently not compliant with its regulations as she is still registered as a male cyclist – and therefore cannot compete as a woman until her male UCI ID expires.
The track + Field examples I've seen were some high schoolers, no records set.

Wikipedia summary of it. Which doesn't have many examples.