Gender pill

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Be feminine, not fat, and have a vagina. All of those requirements make me a monster to someone.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I dunno. "I say I'm a woman, so treat me like a woman." But also "Women should be treated no differently from men" or something.
Right? Not sure how people are supposed to "treat people the way they want to be treated" when the line is always moving and often so contradictory.

I mean, is one really a misogynist because they don't want to sleep with a woman who has a penis and was born a man?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, is one really a misogynist because they don't want to sleep with a woman who has a penis and was born a man?
NO.

Although, the article accused the guy of being 'transphobic'. Which, I mean, I still disagree. He's not being prejudiced, per se, he's saying "I only sleep with people without penises" And if that's a hate crime, God help us all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: And if that's a hate crime
I'm 100% certain there are a lot of people who believe this is the case.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Do you think that's mental illness? To think that someone should be attracted to you despite them not being gay? Or entitlement?
It's mental illness. It's not enough that they are allowed to live as women. They have to be seen as women.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote: Do you think that's mental illness? To think that someone should be attracted to you despite them not being gay? Or entitlement?
It's mental illness. It's not enough that they are allowed to live as women. They have to be seen as women.
I just find it fascinating how we're constantly told we HAVE to accept how people feel about themselves, but those same people will tell you how wrong you are if your own personal feelings don't match theirs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

By the way, has there ever been a case where a guy married a woman without knowing the woman used to be a guy? (or vice versa) That's got to happen at some point, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Odd. For me, when I hear someone is transgendered is usually when all my curiosity ends.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

I learned recently the VA will consider "gender affirmation" surgery.

It would be free, btw.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I learned recently the VA will consider "gender affirmation" surgery.

It would be free, btw.
Maybe you can convert to male after all
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

OoooooooOOOOOOO snap
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Trans cyclist wins another Masters championship. I feel like we had a thread about her last year, but it disappeared.
Former British Masters Champion Victoria Hood, who was unable to compete in the championship due to injury, spoke with the BBC after McKinnon’s win this week to voice her concerns.

“The science is clear—it tells us that trans women have an advantage,” Hood said. “It is excluding women and girls from their own category…it is a human right to participate in sport. I don’t think it’s a human right to identify into whichever category you choose.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Former British Masters Champion Victoria Hood, who was unable to compete in the championship due to injury, spoke with the BBC after McKinnon’s win this week to voice her concerns.

“The science is clear—it tells us that trans women have an advantage,” Hood said. “It is excluding women and girls from their own category…it is a human right to participate in sport. I don’t think it’s a human right to identify into whichever category you choose.”
Well she's clearly bigoted and should be cancelled.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe trans people need their own category
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Maybe trans people need their own category
I don't think the Special Olympics want them either.
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

"A complete disregard for science and fact."
Vince

Gender pill

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: "A complete disregard for science and fact."
Sadly, you can't tell if Munroe is aware that the Titania account is a parady.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Sadly, you can't tell if Munroe is aware that the Titania account is a parady.
Titania is quoting Munroe here, not the other way around.