Gender pill

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:48 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:38 pm So how do you handle: 1) Lesbian couples, and 2) Female with gender-neutral (they/them) partners?
I have no idea. I just know your desires, as the party planners, mean nothing. The attendees emotions take priority.
We ended up inviting everyone who was non-male-identifying. So lesbian couples got invited, but not hetero couples.

Several heteros asked if husbands were invited, and we said no. But a handful of people didn't RSVP, and one of those ended up being a hetero couple who came. People can't read invitations.

If your name isn't on the invitation, you are not invited. If there's no +1 option, you're not invited.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:50 am People can't read invitations.
People suck.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Was the offending CIS male allowed in?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:02 am Was the offending CIS male allowed in?
Yes. But we canceled him on twitter.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Don't you realize how much his presence was an aggression against women?????
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:15 am Don't you realize how much his presence was an aggression against women?????
And he won the first game, stealing chocolates from a woman. Practically raping them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Posting this one because you can watch the entire fight. This is a biological woman versus a woman born a biological man and who was apparently in special forces as a man. In a fucking MMA fight. As you will see and the guy talking says, the difference between being born a woman versus being born a man is on full display. The biological woman is far more skilled as a fighter, but her power means nothing against the non-biological woman. Despite being a less skilled fight and taking many shots that should have ended the fight, the non-biological woman is never in trouble.

Be who you want to be, but it should not come at the expense of others.

If there was no issue here and the sexes were actually equal non-biological men would be kicking ass in their sports. That isn't happening, but non-biological women are breaking records and absolutely dominating their competition.

It's tough to watch.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

The fact that this allowed to happen.... means something.

Even my hippie gfriend thinks this kind of stuff is bullshit, and she has a vested interest in the subject.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

ACLU of Virginia thinks people have the right to choose their pronouns and others have to refer to them that way. This will be an interesting case to watch.

If someone asked me to refer to them as something other than what I'm accustomed to, I would because who cares...unless they're an asshole. The "have to" part is where they lose me.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Watch what you say, citizen.

More and more they are legislating against "hurting feelings.". That goes to a very bad place.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

If a teacher called you "she/her" how would you have felt about that? Refusing to is being an asshole. I don't know about legislating it, but I'm pretty sure calling a dude "she/her" would get the teacher fired, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

I don't know. The drill instructors didn't seem to think twice about it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 am I don't know. The drill instructors didn't seem to think twice about it.
My care factor about how adults treat adults is less than how adults treat children
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Hmm.

On South Park, Cartman took full advantage of such rules.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:34 pm Hmm.

On South Park, Cartman took full advantage of such rules.
Cartman isn't exactly a role model.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:51 am If a teacher called you "she/her" how would you have felt about that? Refusing to is being an asshole. I don't know about legislating it, but I'm pretty sure calling a dude "she/her" would get the teacher fired, etc.
Once again, intent is super important. It'd be really cool if people could stop pretending intent doesn't matter.

Also, calling a dude "she/her" is the "easy out" example. What happens when a student wants to be referred to as "Zhey/Zhem"? Now you're forcing people to accept that made up words are legitimate.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:17 pm What happens when a student wants to be referred to as "Zhey/Zhem"? Now you're forcing people to accept that made up words are legitimate.
They/them are words.

Honestly, Zhey/Zhem would be an improvement over They / Them, cuz it's hard to tell how many people they refers to.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:32 pm They/them are words.
And just like that, you're a hate filled bigot.

Another thing I enjoy is how cisgender is always said as an insult. It's like how some gay people call straight people breeders.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

"Keep your crotch fruit away from me, breeder."

Which is what super classy people say.

I'm on my phone I can't figure out how to embed that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Presented without comment.