Gender pill

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

...until like 5 years ago.

If the media reports that often enough, it may become true, like when people use a word wrong often enough and its definition changes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

The article was revised
The orders also reference "biological sex," a disputed term that refers to the sex as listed on students' original birth certificates.
It's not possible to know a person's gender identity at birth, and for some people, the sex listed on their original birth certificate is a misleading way of describing the body they have.
While sex is a category that refers broadly to physiology, a person's gender is an innate sense of identity. The factors that go into determining the sex listed on a person's birth certificate may include anatomy, genetics and hormones, and there is broad natural variation in each of these categories. For this reason, the language of "biological sex," as used in this legislation, can be overly simplistic and misleading.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:14 pm The orders also reference "biological sex," a disputed term that refers to the sex as listed on students' original birth certificates.
It's not possible to know a person's gender identity at birth, and for some people, the sex listed on their original birth certificate is a misleading way of describing the body they have.
Science!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

Bigot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Everyone is a bigot. Most are just too proud and/or ignorant to admit it...like the two women in the photo...
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

The second one might as well just say "I don't fuck black guys." It's just as bigoted. But no, she is not only seen as a hero to herself and others, her bigotry of the correct group makes her enlightened. She's literally one social media conversation away from taking of a torch and pitchfork and killing her CIS neighbor, because think of the Woke Cred she'll have THEN.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Caitlyn Jenner doesn't think trans girls should play girls sports.
"This is a question of fairness. That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school," said Jenner
Scientific fact: Boys are stronger and faster than girls.
She did not answer a follow-up question from the reporter about whether that view delegitimizes the identity of children who transition and now identify as girls.
So to prevent hurting the feelings of the few, we should be willing to crush the feelings and opportunities of the many? Why don't we take away their right to vote while we're at it?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Elliot Page shares photo in swim trunks.

Elliot does a lot of sit-ups apparently.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by GORDON »

No longer would.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Lawsuit over airline's uniform policy will be one to watch.

The claim is that they are non-binary, and thus, the standard male and female uniforms do not "fit" who they are as a person.

This is either going to result in unisex uniforms or the courts are going to have to definitively say how many genders there are: 2 or 47. Because 47 different uniforms is a nightmare.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

Teacher who refused to use a student's "preferred pronouns" is reinstated by judge.

The teacher's stance:
“I am a teacher, but I serve God first, and I will not affirm that a biological boy can be a girl, and vice versa, because it is against my religion, it’s lying to a child, it’s abuse to a child and it’s sinning against our God,” Cross said
The opposition's stance:
Chris Candice Tuck, the vice president of Equality Loudoun, a nonprofit advocacy group for the LGBTQ community, said Cross’ refusal to use preferred pronouns could affect a child’s safety.

“Religion doesn’t factor in here, it’s the safety and well-being of a child,” Tuck, who identifies as transgender and has two children, told WTHR. “As a parent in Loudoun County, it doesn’t matter what my children are, they should be cared for, affirmed and kept safe by their teachers, their staff and their faculty. That’s what we trust them to do. Not for those teachers and staff to bring their religious beliefs in as a way to harass and hurt students.”
Emphasis mine in both of their quotes.

Right now coming out as trans and/or gay is a "thing", and that is unhealthy for some kids, but great for others. It's great for the kids who are trans or gay, of course. However, it's dangerous for kids doing so in some ill advised effort to be cool or conform.

I have a niece who declared herself trans and gay a few years ago. Everyone supported her. Now she's still a girl, straight, and dating a boy. Her gay and trans ways were apparently temporary...

Both sides want the same thing, so how about stop being twats and start working together to help kids determine their own truth? Don't let straight kids make a mistake, and don't let gay/trans kids continue to live someone else's life.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:18 am so how about stop being twats and start working together to help kids determine their own truth?
Maybe treat people how they want to be treated?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:18 am so how about stop being twats and start working together to help kids determine their own truth?
As long as it's not to their detriment, isn't that what I said?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 am
Sure, but who can judge that?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:03 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 am Maybe treat people how they want to be treated?
Sure, but who can judge that?
That's why I said they should stop acting like twats and work together...

When I tried out for special forces, after you pass all the physical requirements you are sat down privately with actual members of those special forces. They talk to you about why you are there, what you want out of it, and your future. That's where I washed out. One of the guys asked the right question of me, and it snowballed into a discussion about my future. I learned that while I absolutely wanted to do that in the moment, I also had different plans for my future, which the special forces would not do shit to help me realize. That guy helped me make a long term decision about my future by looking inward to find what I really wanted out of life.

We can't do the same for kids deciding on life altering decisions? Then fuck us.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

The only part of that I have an issue with is specifying race. Black, Asian, and Hispanic girls are doing it too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm The only part of that I have an issue with is specifying race. Black, Asian, and Hispanic girls are doing it too.
The internet is reductionist. And white people area always an easier target.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gender pill

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:07 pm And white people area always an easier target.
And politically ok to attack.