England

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

It's like when the pizza place has a delivery fee, but you're still expected to tip the delivery driver.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

But that being said, I kinda GET IT when they put out a begging bowl. Toledo Museum of Art is free to get in to, funded by..... Toledo? Patrons? Dunno. But they still have the begging bowl inside the door. I imagine a lot of public places run on bare bones public funding.

I would, however, enjoy some kind of insurance assurance that the begging bowl money goes to operating costs, not the museum director's coke habit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

My wife: How did these people take over half the world? They're drunk all the time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Good luck, Liz. Whoever you are
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Death is inevitable. She had a good run.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

This made me laugh.
GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

Are they skipping Prince Charles then?
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:53 pm Are they skipping Prince Charles then?
He's becoming the king.

"Black Twitter" is basically celebrating the queen's death. I don't know why really, but her being 96 and white, I'm guessing she wasn't too open minded about stuff. Apparently the Irish and India are doing a bit of shitting on the dead today too.

Jeselnik just being Jeselnik:
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Prime Minister Resigns
U.K. Prime Minister Liz Truss announced her resignation on Thursday.

Truss, who only became prime minister on Sept. 6, will be the shortest serving prime minister in modern political history.

"I cannot deliver the mandate on which I was elected by the Conservative Party," Truss said.

Her resignation follows weeks of political and economic crisis, after the government introduced a new "mini-budget" which was roundly criticized.
That was fast.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Sometimes politics can be confusing, so here's a way that Gordon can understand it.

GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

Last Doctor show sucked and the next one is a flamboyant gay black man. They're checking boxes and my hopes aren't high.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Third UK PM named in 7 weeks.

This is who I thought was going to get the nod originally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:37 am Third UK PM named in 7 weeks.

This is who I thought was going to get the nod originally.
never heard of him