England

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be part of this esteemed union!

Euro-court outlaws criticism of EU.
What am I missing about this ruling because the people of the EU should be taking to the streets, and I'm not hearing that they are...
Well, for one that article is from 2001. I checked his wikipedia, no update on his appeal to the HR courts, so I assume it just fizzled.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be part of this esteemed union!

Euro-court outlaws criticism of EU.
What am I missing about this ruling because the people of the EU should be taking to the streets, and I'm not hearing that they are...
Well, for one that article is from 2001. I checked his wikipedia, no update on his appeal to the HR courts, so I assume it just fizzled.
Thank you.

So criticism of the EU is against the law and has been since 2001?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by TheCatt »

I guess? But I couldn't find any other instances of it coming up in a brief serach
Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

Conservatives won in a landslide last night in the UK, so apparently that's going to mean Brexit finally happens.

Boris Johnson is their Trump, so as you can imagine this is not popular among the left side of the political spectrum.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by GORDON »

I might actually watch the news for a few days. This is delicious.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by GORDON »

Has England exploded yet?

My prediction continues to be "everything is gonna be fine," and shit will drop out of the news cycle when things are, actually, fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Has England exploded yet?

My prediction continues to be "everything is gonna be fine," and shit will drop out of the news cycle when things are, actually, fine.
Well guess what, I realized just now that I hadn't heard shit about brexit lately.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
GORDON wrote: Has England exploded yet?

Well guess what, I realized just now that I hadn't heard shit about brexit lately.
We're in the transition period, which apparently means "nothing has changed"
The United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union (EU) on 31 January 2020. A transition period is now in place until 31 December 2020. During this period the UK must comply with all EU rules and laws. Virtually nothing will change for businesses or for the public. There will be changes after the transition period, whether or not an agreement is reached on the new relationship between the UK and the EU.
Come back in a year, I guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

England (formerly Brexit)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by GORDON »

Lots of people are saying it's the Muslim immigrants doing these things. Is the race of these gangs mentioned in the article?
Leisher
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 pm Is the race of these gangs mentioned in the article?
I don't recall, but it's a white kid in the picture.

Race never gets mentioned unless they're the victim or the perpetrator is white.
GORDON
Site Admin

Brexit

Post by GORDON »

That was a big part of brexit, at least according to common perception. Tons of Syrian immigrants being shipped in, and bringing their back assward culture with them.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

"UK's Trump" resigns, but stays on until replacement named.

I legit do not understand the English political system. It seems to be an absolute mess and worse than ours, which is saying something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:16 am I legit do not understand the English political system. It seems to be an absolute mess and worse than ours, which is saying something.
Yeah, the whole "call elections when you want" system and all that is really weird.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

"thank you for visiting this symbol of our former opulence. Please donate in addition to the money you already paid"

- basically everywhere in England
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Not even remotely shocking. Very similar to things here.

What we should do is create some entity that we could send money to annually and/or when we buy things. Then they could take that money and manage public things like that.

If only something like that existed.