England

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

From an article I had posted previously:
The former chancellor formally announced he was standing to succeed Johnson in a campaign video on Friday, which began with the story of his Indian parents, who both emigrated to the UK from East Africa. “It was Britain, our country, that gave them and millions like them the chance of a better future,” he said. “I want to lead this country in the right direction.”

Sunak was Johnson’s presumed successor for several months after he won praise for overseeing Britain’s initial financial response to the Covid-19 pandemic. But he has suffered several of his own scandals while in government.

His stock sank earlier this year after revelations that he broke Covid regulations to attend the prime minister’s birthday party on June 19, 2020, for which he later apologized “unreservedly.”

His financial and legal affairs came under scrutiny this spring following reports his wife had non-domicile status in the UK – meaning she was not liable to pay tax on overseas income – and that he held a US green card while serving as minister.

His popularity has also taken a beating in recent weeks as Britain has suffered the worst cost-of-living crisis in decades. Sunak has struggled to keep down spiraling inflation and has been criticized by opposition parties for what they call a slow and inadequate series of financial measures. Among the economic woes facing Britons after Sunak’s time as the UK’s chief financial minister: real wages dropping to their lowest levels in more than 21 years and inflation hitting a 40-year high of 9.1% in May.

But he is still among the bookmakers’ odds-on favorites to take Johnson’s job.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

English men are pansies.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Imagine you are in a country illegally, you have no job, no means to pay for anything, so the country houses you for free, and then you have the entitled audacity to complain about not getting better.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

King Charles' coronation to contain a relic from Christ's crucifixion.

Call me crazy, but if I got crucified, I'd be pretty offended if people used parts of the cross as items to be celebrated...
GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

Think about it a little more.... the cross is the symbol of Catholics and Christians.

It's a torture device.

That's weird.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

History almost repeats.

Although, this time I don't think people would be as sad.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

That's dumb.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

UK is upset about Bet365 CEO's salary.

Capitalism with a conscious would fix that.

Also, she probably needed to make that kind of money to get any action. Strong "wouldn't".
GORDON
Site Admin

England

Post by GORDON »

Meh. If she's thin, hygienic, and is good to go, any port in a drunken storm.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:50 pm Meh. If she's thin, hygienic, and is good to go, any port in a drunken storm.
I'm long past the phase of my life where I lived by that creed.

Also, she does not look hygienic. She looks like someone dressed up a newer meth addict. Strung out, but hasn't lost her teeth yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

OK, but what's the punishment in Britain vs Russia? Cuz only one of those involves death.
Cakedaddy

England

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, where's the Russia number coming from? I'm sure it's legit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

England

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:44 pm Also, where's the Russia number coming from? I'm sure it's legit.
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Leisher
Site Admin

England

Post by Leisher »

They said arrested, not fell out of a window.