Yay! Ohio.

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by Leisher »

Not my company's chemicals.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Great Lake on top, major river at the bottom. Mountains in the southeast, plains in the northwest. I live in the country, surrounded by cornfields, but 20 minutes from downtown of a mid-sized city. When the oceans rise, I'm 614 feet above sea level. When the southwest is dying of drought, I'm pulling water from an underground river, 60 feet below my house (and 5 miles from that fresh water Great Lake). When the temperatures rise and the deep south cooks, our moderate climate will still be moderate but with slightly warmer winters.

Ohio may one day be a haven for climate change refugees who have referred to it derisively as a flyover state for half a century, and when that happens I'm going to recommend we keep them out by force. Because fuck all y'all.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:43 pm Ohio may one day be a haven for climate change refugees who have referred to it derisively as a flyover state for half a century, and when that happens I'm going to recommend we keep them out by force. Because fuck all y'all.
Yep. They can all eat a giant bag of dicks and drown or starve. Fuck 'em.

FYI: Cedar Point is the world's #1 rated amusement park. Put-In-Bay is one of the country's top adult islands for drunken partying. OSU is the largest university in the world and has multiple national titles in multiple sports. Ohio has produced eight POTUS and numerous celebrities, top level athletes, and coaches (and that is one hell of an incomplete list). Hanger 18 is actually in Ohio. Also, surveys have proven that women prefer men born in Ohio because they're better lovers and are generally hung better than "men" born in other states.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Like 3 pro sports ball teams?
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:41 pm Like 3 pro sports ball teams?
7 that I can think of off the top of my head.

Also the world famous Toledo Mud Hens and Tony Packo's. (Although, some think Rudy's is better.)
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Suck it NC
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Is Ohio landlocked? I saw someone say that as an insult today, and don't know if it's true. We have deep water ports all along the north coast that park ocean freighters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by Leisher »

No, Ohio is not landlocked. However, it's not coastal either.

Anyone who tries to make a sweeping judgment about a place and/or its people based on a criteria of it being "coastal" is a fucking idiot and a bigot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 am No, Ohio is not landlocked. However, it's not coastal either.

Anyone who tries to make a sweeping judgment about a place and/or its people based on a criteria of it being "coastal" is a fucking idiot and a bigot.
If you've got a coast, no need to boast.
Leisher
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:58 am
Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:11 am No, Ohio is not landlocked. However, it's not coastal either.

If you've got a coast, no need to boast.
Right? If you're so awesome, why do you have to try and take other people down?
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Having put more thought into the last subject, people put little thought into how huge the Great Lakes are. Collectively, they're basically a massive inland sea. I believe I read long ago that Michigan has more shoreline than California.

Anyway, my point: up here in NW Ohio, where there's lots of farmland, we hadn't had any rain in over a month.... in Spring. WHich is bad. That's when the frmers need the rain for the new plantings.

It finally rained yesterday, but we may have some more food price shock this year. I've heard rumors that many fields are already ruined. I've been saying this: "Once upon a time, I put my big garden in. Then it never rained again. The End." I went out today, and I bet most of my stuff increased 20% in size since yesterday.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by TheCatt »

BROOKLYN, Ohio -- An Ohio high school football coach resigned Monday after his team used racist and antisemitic language to call out plays during a game last week.

Brooklyn High School coach Tim McFarland and his players repeatedly used the word "Nazi" as a playcall in a game against Beachwood High School. Beachwood, a Cleveland suburb, is roughly 90% Jewish, according to the latest survey, published in 2011, by the Jewish Federation of Cleveland.

The Brooklyn team stopped using the term in the second half of the game after Beachwood threatened to pull its players from the field, according to a statement from Beachwood Schools Superintendent Robert Hardis. However, several Brooklyn players continued to direct racial slurs at Beachwood players during the game, the statement read.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/38 ... -play-call
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

Well that's just stupid in every way.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by TheCatt »

Ohio trending towards yes on Abortion + Marijuana.
GORDON
Site Admin

Yay! Ohio.

Post by GORDON »

I did my part.

Our POS governor went on TV to tell me the abortion law "wasn't right for Ohio." Because of that I made sure to go vote Yes on it. Fuck that guy.