Bourne Supremacy - **NO Spoilers**

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

First off, I must say, that if you could watch The Blair Witch Project, you should definately go see The Bourne Supremacy. For people like me, you'll miss half the fight scenes.

Plot: A grade, right in line with The Bourne Identity. Good development, excellent twists and progressing quick enough to follow, but not enough to figure out what was going to happen.

Acting: Great choice in actors/actresses, characters returning from the first movie use the same actors. No complaints at all here.

Camera Work: Biggest and only complaint. This shit almost makes the movie not worth watching! During any fight/chase/suspense scene, they did the damn Blair Witch run along behind bounce or constant jostle and move camera angles. IT NEVER STOPPED! It was like some parkinsons patient was brought in to do the camera work! Even during some emotional discussion scenes the idiot director had the camera moving! This took a much anticipated, much loved movie and made it almost unwatchable. I had to avert my gaze more than once during a combat scene to avoid refilling my popcorn bucket.

Overall: 6.5 out of 10, without the funky terrible camera work: 8.5 out of 10.

P.S. The movie does not release until Friday, I watched it on preview special release tickets.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

mbilderback wrote:Camera Work: Biggest and only complaint. This shit almost makes the movie not worth watching!
You weren't kidding.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Beat teh shit out of CatWoman this weekend though.
It's not me, it's someone else.
mbilderback

Post by mbilderback »

TheCatt wrote:Beat teh shit out of CatWoman this weekend though.
From what I heard, The Rugrats go to Paris would have been a better use of your time than Catwoman.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'd go along with that 6.5 rating (only because I like the Bourne character), but without factoring in the shaky cam.

I found this Jason Bourne adventure to be a bit too bleeding heart.

Jason Bourne isn't a cold blooded killer. However, him feeling bad about killing someone in a situation of kill or be killed is stupid. Him showing mercy to the man who killed the woman he loved is also stupid.

Its not just stupid in a "let's make this movie political correct", but its also stupid from a realist's perspective. This man hunted Bourne down despite him being in seclusion and tried to kill him. In a few years, that man will try to do so again. It makes no sense, particularly since this character went out of his way in the last film to show no mercy towards people that wouldn't leave him alone.

Combine the poor writing of the Bourne character and add in poor writing overall and you get a huge disappointment.

Throw in the shaky cam and my rating drops to a 4 out of 10.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

I actually didn't think the camera thing was that bad. I liked this movie as much or more than the first one. Which is really strange because second movies are usually the dog.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

First one: 7.5/10
This one: 3/10
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hey look, it's The Bourne Identity, only this time they called it The Bourne Supremacy.

The first one was much better.

Damon is still good, but the writing is crap.

4 out of 10.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”