Who in the hell pays for this?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Here!

I love video games and I love to get sneak peaks but this is just crazy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm a video game junkie, but I'd never pay for something like that. That PPV is all about EA's greed and nothing more. They're simply trying to squeeze more money out of their more devoted fans.

Fuck EA.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm a video game junkie, but I'd never pay for something like that. That PPV is all about EA's greed and nothing more. They're simply trying to squeeze more money out of their more devoted fans.

Fuck EA.
Indeed. They killed Origin. For those who don't quite understand the level of hatred EA has earned itself, here is a crash course.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Mule, The Bard's Tale, and Dr. J vs Larry Bird rocked.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I remember playing One on One on my old Commodore 64 & breaking the glass w\ dunks. Fuck, that was hard.

& The Bard's Tale was more an Interplay dev job. I think EA just published that shit. But, yes, it still kicks ass.

Dear Christ, for that matter, what in the fuck happened to Interplay? Used to be a great company.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Fuck EA.
In this instance though if those fans are stupid enough to pay for it then I can hardly fault EA for putting this on the air.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mule, The Bard's Tale, and Dr. J vs Larry Bird rocked.

YES!!!! I still have a working copy of M.U.L.E. somewhere. That game is dying for a remake as long as they keep it simple.

The Bard's Tale 1-3 represent the only RPGs in which I mapped out dungeons on graph paper. I remember the high level monks absolutely kicked ass.

Dr. J vs Larry Bird was also a staple on my Commodore 64.

You're missing a few though: the entire Ultima series, Autoduel (the greatest game nobody knows about), Syndicate, the one with the guy in the red set in future times...the name is alluding me, etc.

Origin was awesome.

In this instance though if those fans are stupid enough to pay for it then I can hardly fault EA for putting this on the air.

Yeah, the consumer must take some of the blame, but I've got to blame EA for the majority. They know this thing is crap. They know it's not worth the money. Hell, they could get G4 to show it and then add it to a "collector's edition". If this works, expect PPVs for all of EA's games.

Edited By Leisher on 1153944322
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, I remember the one dungeon in BT where you kept warping around, and having to track where it warped you to, etc. Graph paper was awesome.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, I remember the one dungeon in BT where you kept warping around, and having to track where it warped you to, etc. Graph paper was awesome.
Holy crap, I remember that one. And spinners that kept changing the direction you were facing making maping extremely difficult.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Syndicate
Rocked!

Didn't Origin make Wing Commander? Or was that someone else?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Syndicate
Rocked!

Didn't Origin make Wing Commander? Or was that someone else?
Yep

Privateer too. Nother on the top 10 of all time.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Holy goddamn. I still remember putting Wing Commander III on the old machine.

& seeing the opening in Privateer. One of the most entertaining sights ever to fly across my monitor.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

That happened in Wizardry also. Level 5 I think, very frustrating.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Holy crap, I remember that one. And spinners that kept changing the direction you were facing making maping extremely difficult.
That one was painful. I don't think it was as bad as some of the shit I've'd to map out for Zork. I think Zork 3 was the one that had a maze you had to chase the Mage of Frobozz in or some shit.