Timeline

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Timeline stars a bunch of people who I've never seen before, one TV star that looks like a washed out Ray Liota, and that guy from the 2 Fast 2 Furious series (not Vin Diesel, the white guy).

Basically, a bunch of archaelogists are researching Castlegard, France and some ruins there when one of them gets sent back in time to Castlegard thanks to an evil corporation complete with a boss that looks a lot like Bill Gates.

Well, the company wants to save the guy, so they send the other archaelogists, including the first guy's son to the past to save him.

Well as soon as they arrive, problems occur as their Marine guards (Marines are apparently pussies when it comes to fighting in the Middle Ages. Archaelogists, on the other hand, are like Jedi.) and the time machine are put out of commission.

Stuck in the past, these Indy wannabes get stuck into the history of Castlegard and have to figure out a way to live and get back to their own time.

Some live, some die, you'll be bored and laughing at the bad acting and horribly written plot.

A badly written, badly acted film.

3 out of 10 stars.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

I saw this the other day. Wasn't as horrible as everyone had me thinking it was, but by no means a great film. Glad I didn't see it in the theater, but not clawing my eyes out, either.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

I read the book a couple years ago. Because of the mediocre reading experience, I didn't see the movie.