Farcry and Doom 3 *with spoilers* - *spoilers*  Turned into a spoiler thread

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did a run through of each. It turns out that the top option on the monitor, which is what I picked originally, is the "puzzle" route.

Its a puzzle because the bridge doesn't extend and instead spins. In other words, its basically a jumping puzzle. However, the amount of monsters you face changes once you're past the bridge area. With the puzzle version, you have to continue doing jumps and such from various platforms. Meanwhile, the "battle" route is just following a path while shooting. No jumping involved.

I just met the latest monster. I've been calling them Gumby Imps. They're the Imps with long arms, and don't have a ranged attack.

This game is awesome. I'll bet the guys at 3DRealsm had to start all over again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Leisher wrote:This game is awesome. I'll bet the guys at 3DRealsm had to start all over again.
Heh... AGAIN.

I was doing fine... I wasn't being startled by monsters anymore... and then the fun king **** ****** started flying at me. I nearly shat myself. I *'d the name out, because I didn't want to spoil your experience... but I bet you mention it when you find them. I don't remember these from Doom2. So far everything in D3 has had a D2 analogue... I'm not looking forward to the Cacodeamons.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I did meet Theressa in the Epro Plant last night, and that was a nice intro to a new friend. Although, the friend was more annoying than trouble.

I just left the Epro labs and entered the Communications area.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Theressa is NOTHING compared to what I was refering to.... you're about... an hour or two away from it.

You'll hear them for quite a while before you actually encounter them, and not know what you're hearing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I forgot to mention the beholder type monsters. They are some tough sumbitches.

I spent 5 minutes playing during lunch today and got me a chainsaw. I fear nothing.
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Yeah, I was nostalgic seeing the one-eyed beholder thingies.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Spoiler, but something your not gonna wanna miss if its an easter egg

On the way to the communication tower i had a funky experience, the floor drops off and if you look behind you, there is a red glowing thing... When you get it, the screen goes matrix style, and you cant use any weapon but your fists, and the room fills with zombies. Luckly, while the red thing is in effect you move super fast and punch like a shotgun. Anyone else get the same thing?

At the moment i'm pondering if i should send the transmission or not...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. I'm on my way to the tower, so I'll look for it.

I have had the screen go red several times with various effects happening, but I've never had my fists equipped when that occurs.

I have read that your fists get ridiculously powerful when you get a power up. (I believe that's when your heart starts pounding.)
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Troy wrote:Spoiler, but something your not gonna wanna miss if its an easter egg

On the way to the communication tower i had a funky experience, the floor drops off and if you look behind you, there is a red glowing thing... When you get it, the screen goes matrix style, and you cant use any weapon but your fists, and the room fills with zombies. Luckly, while the red thing is in effect you move super fast and punch like a shotgun. Anyone else get the same thing?

At the moment i'm pondering if i should send the transmission or not...
Yep, it was pretty much like a "Invulnerable/Quad Damage" type of thing.

You notice that you scream the entire time you're under the spell?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have a hunch I'm about to start screaming. I saved right before some sort of icon I've never seen before.

So, does anyone else shoot every corpse they see before they get to it? I always put two in their heads from a distance before I even go near them.

On top of that, I have a "no bodies left behind" policy. If it can't hold a conversation, it gets shot in the head by my shotgun to erase it from Mars.
Troy

Post by Troy »

So, does anyone else shoot every corpse they see before they get to it? I always put two in their heads from a distance before I even go near them.

Yep, gotta have some use for all that pistol ammo...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yep, that was the icon.

I didn't noticed before, but Gumby teleports. Its to his disadvantage though as he's vulnerable when he's porting in.

I just sent and didn't send the transmission.

Any clue whatsoever if anything changes anywhere in the game depending on which you choose?

I found one FAQ online, and the guy says it doesn't matter except for Sarge's mood, but he also puts a :D after that statement.

I actually find both parties wrong. A transmission should be sent, but it should be a warning, not a request for help.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Extra long session tonight, made it to the Delta Labs...

It was in the Recycling center, when i realised what was making the noises, that it dawned on me that I might go to Hell for just PLAYING this game. :glare:

I love my new weapon tho, and a definite strategy for the next few levels.... see a barrel, shoot a barrel.... nothing worse than lots of unexploded barrels....
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

Troy wrote:It was in the Recycling center, when i realised what was making the noises, that it dawned on me that I might go to Hell for just PLAYING this game. :glare:
Yep.

It was messed up. And probably the creepiest thing I've ever seen in any form of media.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Great now I'm geeked to see it and have to get to the recycling center tonight.

I'm headed to the Monorail now, and I keep humming that Simpsons' song in my head. MONORAIL!!

Since you guys are farther than I am, let's compare:

Did you send or cancel the transmission? I'm very curious to see if it affected your game. Although, I have a hunch that when I get to the monorail station, I'm going to find out what happens...?
71-1085092892

Post by 71-1085092892 »

I saved before I made the choice, and then cancelled the transmission. But then the fact I was violating a direct order from a Marine superior was bugging me... really... and I went back and sent the transmission.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It doesnt matter, as far as i can tell... as you learn later
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy, which did you choose?

If you selected to cancel it and Gordo selected to send it then we're covered and we'll know if anything changed.

If you sent it as well, let me know and I'll cancel it.
Troy

Post by Troy »

cancelled it...

My current thought right now is... Woah... can that thing extend other parts of its body that far :D
Troy

Post by Troy »

fire n brimstone