Time Warner Cable is Starting to Piss Me Off.

Comment threads from front page posts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Google and att fiber are supposedly xomi g to my town within the year or so. Can't get here fast enough

After all that grief instling my cable, twc fucked up the bill.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Google and att fiber are supposedly xomi g to my town within the year or so. Can't get here fast enough

After all that grief instling my cable, twc fucked up the bill.
The ridiculously high speed ISP (I forget the name) is setting up shop in my berg, but I doubt my place would allow it.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

If Adolf Hitler came back from the dead and competed with xfinity, I'd have to give serious thought to switching.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Another two outages today. Because they're dicks and the poster boy for why a biz needs to be regulated like it's a petulant three-year old. I wonder kid I could get a hard line to the century link joint not 1000 feet from me.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And another for the hat trick. Fuck you, xfinity.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One more with an hour left in the day. Fucking bastards.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

No internet again. Fucking customer support front line is a bot that won't let you talk to a person until you ask it the right way. I hope your hq is fucking firebombed tomorrow, you assholes. Go fucking die.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My internet went out this morning. TWC had no explanation, then it was magically working 30 minutes later.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:My internet went out this morning. TWC had no explanation, then it was magically working 30 minutes later.
When that happens 3-5 times a day that I know about for weeks on end, it's bullshit. It's virtually impossible for me to telecommute because I don't know which ten minutes their network will decide to fuck me, and it can always be during a meeting I need to go to.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
TheCatt wrote:My internet went out this morning. TWC had no explanation, then it was magically working 30 minutes later.
When that happens 3-5 times a day that I know about for weeks on end, it's bullshit. It's virtually impossible for me to telecommute because I don't know which ten minutes their network will decide to fuck me, and it can always be during a meeting I need to go to.
Would they care more if you upgraded to a business tier?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Swear to god, I'd buy internet from Steve jobs over xfinity right now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know, maybe upgrade to business class then actually sue them if they are cutting you off all day, you can claim there's damage because of it. Then they fix their shit and you can downgrade back to a consumer line.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:I don't know, maybe upgrade to business class then actually sue them if they are cutting you off all day, you can claim there's damage because of it. Then they fix their shit and you can downgrade back to a consumer line.
As far as I know, unless that have some guarantees, you can only sue for loss of service.

So if you pay $60/month, and are out 1 day - Enjoy your $2
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, that's dumb. It shouldn't be that way. Tell them I said so.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I wouldn't care half as much if it didn't seem to happen at the worst fucking times possible. Like the middle of the day during a production deploy when I need to troubleshoot shit. Like when I have an early-ass meeting with the DBA team halfway across the goddamned globe at 6am and don't feel like getting up at 5 to log into a machine with a stable fucking connection. If their network sucks so much ass that they need rolling service blackouts, then publish that fucking schedule. Maybe this is why they consistently post below average customer service rankings.
Neither Comcast’s Xfinity service nor Time Warner ever scored even as high as the average in any region. As a TV service provider, Xfinity scored 684 and Time Warner scored 668 in J.D. Power’s eastern region, where the average score was 706 and the top score of 738 was posted by DirecTV.

Edited By Malcolm on 1437004115
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There's an "outage" in my area that'll apparently take until 5 to fix. Not so much an outage as rolling internet blackout. Fucking die, Comcast. You could make up an outage every day and no one could do shit. Seems like a normal weekend.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

When I experience an outage I like to imagine they are pulling some piece of equipment in order to upgrade it and make it faster.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

How drunk are you when you imagine that?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Still down because the retards at Comcast can't get their shit together.

Edited By Malcolm on 1437261560
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Their mobile site also disallows zoom. Fucking brilliant.

Resolved by 9pm now. 4 more hours to fix things and they've managed to 100% fucking kill everything. Fuckers. At least before I had cable. How do you fuck it up worse a full 12 hours after the storm's rolled through? Did some fuckwit asswipe accidentally spill his Zima on a relay box?

Edited By Malcolm on 1437261932