Drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Years ago I saw something on reddit, probably, where they had news clips from the 70s, 80s, etc, and each decade after, saying "marijuana is 10x stronger than it was in the (prior decade)"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

:D That's why I said "weed in the 60s".

Honestly, this news doesn't affect me as a non-drug user. What I want to know is can I, or my loved ones, die from incidental contact to the stuff like fentanyl?

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to know who is behind the research for these new opioids considering we all know who was behind the opioid epidemic in the first place...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:43 pm Honestly, this news doesn't affect me as a non-drug user. What I want to know is can I, or my loved ones, die from incidental contact to the stuff like fentanyl?
The internet tells me a) At least one or two cops have reported falling ill due to touching something that had touched fentanyl and b) That this is impossible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:58 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:43 pm Honestly, this news doesn't affect me as a non-drug user. What I want to know is can I, or my loved ones, die from incidental contact to the stuff like fentanyl?
The internet tells me a) At least one or two cops have reported falling ill due to touching something that had touched fentanyl and b) That this is impossible.
Interesting article about it.

I tend to buy into the CDC's explanation:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent a statement to NPR saying the agency does believe some officers nationwide have experienced medical symptoms after encountering fentanyl. None of those cases involved actual overdoses and none appeared life-threatening.

"The health effects...were such that responders needed medical attention and could not continue performing their duties," said Dr. L Casey Chosewood with the CDC's National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
So they "THINK" they're potentially dying, and considering most of them are likely not drug users, that would track.

I don't agree with this guy:
Del Pozo believes the real risk to police officers from street fentanyl isn't accidental overdose. He says the more serious health impact is being caused by anxiety and stress, driven by fear.

"Imagine you do a job every day where you just think being near a certain car or a certain person [who might have fentanyl] could kill you," Del Pozo said.
I'm sure there's some fear, but the rest of the job isn't exactly puppies and blow jobs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:52 pm Interesting article about it.

I tend to buy into the CDC's explanation:
Yeah, so that article is basically what I'm saying.

It appears that they are having panic attacks, in reality, because they think they are being exposed to it and could die.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 pm Yeah, so that article is basically what I'm saying.
That's why I posted it. You made me look, and I posted your proof.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:31 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 pm Yeah, so that article is basically what I'm saying.
That's why I posted it. You made me look, and I posted your proof.
MADE YOU LOOK!
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

You win the day, but I'll see you in hell.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:23 pm Marijuana isn't awesome for your heart.
smoking and inhaling cannabis
Edibles.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

This should be the top story on every MSM outlet website, newspaper, TV show, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

His lungs have to be hurting by now, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

That's my theory. I'm guessing a bad diagnosis is forcing this issue.
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

Snoop quitting was an ad.

His team needs to rethink shit like this. These types of things tend to backfire a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

JFC that's some bullshit
Leisher
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by Leisher »

Mark Cuban's new company might legit be lowering drug costs for all.

Analysis piece, so grain of salt, but still this would be very welcome news.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 am Mark Cuban's new company might legit be lowering drug costs for all.

Analysis piece, so grain of salt, but still this would be very welcome news.
I'll take it. Competition good, don't let regulation get too much in the way. I've never used his service, but glad it's there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Drugs

Post by TheCatt »

Cocaine has gotten dramatically cheaper since the 80s

Where's that in your inflation calculations, government???