Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

She should be removed from the bench.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

@EndWokeness is the moron
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Indeed. I saw that yesterday and thought, "He wasn't?" His Greekness should have been the first hint. iykyk :D

Just like we say about the race card, you cannot play the woke card everywhere.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:54 pm Indeed. I saw that yesterday and thought, "He wasn't?" His Greekness should have been the first hint. iykyk :D

Just like we say about the race card, you cannot play the woke card everywhere.
He's changed his story to "Well, Netflix doesn't need to shove it in our face!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:44 pm Increasing wages in the fast food sector make this inevitable. If they can run a restaurant with a single human hitting the reset button now and then, they're going to. In between hitting the reset button, this person will be mopping. Except not in the toilets.... they will be sealed, and sprayed down every 30 minutes automatically, like the public restrooms I saw in Europe.

They'll even have their delivery drivers making sure to put every box in the appropriate spot, in the back room. The drivers will restock 10 stores per day.
Pretty sure you put this in the wrong thread. We're talking anal sex here between men not robot fast food workers!
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

The hell? I'm almost positive the forum sometimes files posts wrong.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:46 pm The hell? I'm almost positive the forum sometimes files posts wrong.
Sucks getting old.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Man I hope this one is faked, because holy shit...

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

He must have gotten the J&J vaccine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

New York Magazine financial advice columnist scammed out of $50k by "CIA agent"
Charlotte Cowles, who pens a financial advice column for The Cut, the digital fashion news site that operates under the umbrella of New York Magazine, wrote a first-person account on Thursday titled “The Day I Put $50,000 in a Shoe Box and Handed It to a Stranger: I never thought I was the kind of person to fall for a scam.”
When Cowles told the police what happened, a cop informed her that “no government agency will ever ask you for money.”
Her article: https://www.thecut.com/article/amazon-s ... nts.html#/
“I completely understand,” he said calmly. He told me to go to the FTC home page and look up the main phone number. “Now hang up the phone, and I will call you from that number right now.” I did as he said. The FTC number flashed on my screen, and I picked up. “How do I know you’re not just spoofing this?” I asked.

“It’s a government number,” he said, almost indignant. “It cannot be spoofed.” I wasn’t sure if this was true and tried Googling it, but Michael was already onto his next point. He told me the call was being recorded, so I put him on speaker and began recording on my end, too. He wanted to know if I had told anyone what was going on.
If you read the comments, you'll find this from, uh... mr__piss
The whole lead-in about how she's not like the poor, stupid, lonely people she imagines to be easily scammed had a certain je ne sais quoi that I instantly clocked as the mutterings of an effete, inbred child of rich people - and my ability to clock that sort of thing from the get is one of the few things I like about myself. Her husband works for a non-profit, she's 39, but they live in a $4 million dollar house in Prospect Heights? She's related to the Roosevelts? Ivy league is a given, but she feels the need to highlight it on her personal site? A child named Ripley?This whole thing is just another rearranging deck chairs on the titanic of increasingly hubristic, insulated failsons and faildaughters are discovering the otherwise object permanence level of obvious lessons the rest of us understand. You think Amazon will white glove you over to the CIA in a few minutes? Tell me you don't do your taxes without telling me you don't do your taxes. This person is so uncalibrated in their ability to navigate the world that their ability to generalize any intellectual output for anyone other than her similarly 0.1% situated friends is completely shot. Let her go be on the board of a do-nothing charity, this game is up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:04 am When Cowles told the police what happened, a cop informed her that “no government agency will ever ask you for money.”
That's unintentionally the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Also, mr_piss is spot on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:17 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:04 am When Cowles told the police what happened, a cop informed her that “no government agency will ever ask you for money.”
That's unintentionally the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Also, mr_piss is spot on.
The worst is people on twitter trying to defend her. Especially the "THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!" people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

The other day I had a call claiming that my social security number has been compromised. I said, " Bet, but I'm wary of scams so let me call you right back.". They hung up as soon as I said scam.

I'm neither rich, nor a Roosevelt, nor ivy League. Mister Piss nailed it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:24 am The worst is people on twitter trying to defend her. Especially the "THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!" people.
To be fair to them, they're probably right. People are fucking stupid.

I mean, who wouldn't believe a government agent wants you to make an official payment via cash in a shoebox? That's perfectly logical.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

LOL. My wife said "Mark Hamil?" Which, honestly, not too far off visually given how far away my wife saw it from. Her brain got to the right name soon enough.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I feel bad putting him here because he was clearly mentally disturbed, but man dies after immolating himself in front of Israeli embassy.

This doesn't work. Nobody gives a shit. They'll hose off where you were and nobody will even remember what happened in 2 days.

I can only think of one time in history where a public display of suicide actually changed a foreign army's plans.

Tell me without Googling (or Binging or anything else you smart asses) and I'll be impressed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

That monk who immolated himself in response to Nam?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:29 pm That monk who immolated himself in response to Nam?
No sir, but good guess.