Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

The first appearance of an explicit PEMDAS rule in Dutch is in an appendix of a textbook on algebra for the military academy (1838), aimed at military engineers, not elementary school students, nor academic mathematicians.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:04 pm A set of rules so we all do math the same way. The fact I learned it in grade school makes me feel justified for being disgusted by grown-ass adults who don't know it.
I feel the same way about people that can't name all the states, their capitals, and list the presidents in order.

Also, wouldn't it be hilarious if aliens made contact with us and told us PEMDAS was wrong?
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 pm
The first appearance of an explicit PEMDAS rule in Dutch is in an appendix of a textbook on algebra for the military academy (1838), aimed at military engineers, not elementary school students, nor academic mathematicians.
Clearly a lie. I have recently been told that, literally, everything was invented by black people and stolen by whites.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

I assumed since we use arab numerals, and algebra was invented by a muslim, the rules would have been set down then. Hard to believe it took a thousand years to define the order of operations.... in fact, I don't believe it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:10 pm I feel the same way about people that can't name all the states, their capitals, and list the presidents in order.
You should have been paying attention in 5th grade instead of banging your teachers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:26 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:10 pm I feel the same way about people that can't name all the states, their capitals, and list the presidents in order.
You should have been paying attention in 5th grade instead of banging your teachers.
I blame my parents. The schools wanted to let me skip some grades so I wouldn't be bored in class. My parents said no, the teachers were there, I'm me, so...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

A lot of female voters watch this show and inform their opinions based on what they hear...

She doesn't just point out the eclipse, but earthquakes and cicadas too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

The Hosts on The View think the Solar Eclipse is caused by Climate Change
Video: No, they don't.

Is that a self own? Or just a lie? Gas-lighting?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:18 am
The Hosts on The View think the Solar Eclipse is caused by Climate Change
Video: No, they don't.

Is that a self own? Or just a lie? Gas-lighting?
There is no "they". It's her and she very clearly does.

After listing those items, she says:
"Say all those things together would maybe lead one to believe that either climate change exists or something is really going on."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:37 am There is no "they". It's her and she very clearly does.
Weird that the title was plural, and now you're saying it's not. Despite the fact that it still is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:31 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:37 am There is no "they". It's her and she very clearly does.
Weird that the title was plural, and now you're saying it's not. Despite the fact that it still is.
That's your response? Trying to do a semantics "gotcha" on the tweet's title. You're better than that. Just take the L (or claim to be trolling) and move on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:43 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:31 am
That's your response? Trying to do a semantics "gotcha" on the tweet's title. You're better than that. Just take the L (or claim to be trolling) and move on.
It literally said THE HOSTS.

No, THE HOSTS did not say it. One idiot said something and was immediately corrected.

There is no L, I'm 100% correct here. That dipshit posting is the moron.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I apologize that your sexual crushes on The View are marred by an innocent generalization, but it's still semantics.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:51 am I apologize that your sexual crushes on The View are marred by an innocent generalization, but it's still semantics.
Nope. Accuracy matters.
Cakedaddy

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm with Catt on this one. One person is grossly ignorant, and two others are trying to correct her as fast as they can, on all three of her points.

So to me, the hosts on the show are trying to correct one host that believes a bunch of weird shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

1. A million accounts posted this tidbit of stupidity all with their own takes. I just grabbed one.
2. In no way, shape, or form does the semantics in one tweet take away from the FACT that this asshat in on national TV daily spouting horseshit to an audience of voting age people. Seriously, she's a daily highlight reel. The other View hosts aren't much better.

Honestly, The View is just State Sponsored TV.
Cakedaddy

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, ya. That show is toxic as fuck.

As far as the idiot that was speaking, I blame youtube. Youtube has the ability to make some people smarter (TONS of educational stuff out there that is legit), but others more stupid. Her feed is obviously filled with the later.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I think she's just pretty stupid. It's an hour show and I wasn't kidding when I say they get her daily. The other hosts say stupid shit, but not at the rate she does.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

I believe pretty strongly that it hurts the US more than it helps to burry kids with student loans, etc. But this is retarded.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, that's pretty stupid

Also, I'm with you about saddling students with massive debt is dumb, but this is all a government created problem. Well, not all. It was also helped along by bullshit demands for a college degree for every position.
Cakedaddy

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:18 pm Yeah, that's pretty stupid

Also, I'm with you about saddling students with massive debt is dumb, but this is all a government created problem. Well, not all. It was also helped along by bullshit demands for a college degree for every position.
And colleges selling shit that is worthless and/or not needed.