California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

And no one thought to just run her over?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They were probably all too busy masturbating. :D

Seriously though, running her over is the correct response to save lives. However, are people cowards? Are they too crippled to do anything for fear of being publicly condemned, particularly due to her sex and race?

I genuinely would vote for any candidate that promises to bring asylums back. People like this woman need help, and not getting it for her is bringing us all down.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I hate, a little bit, that we'll never find out what was going on.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Clearing homeless camps.

Out of sight, out of mind seems to be their plan.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

LA workers to strike Tuesday.

It's only for one day, but the intent is to send a message.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I thought hippies hated the camp clearings, because it scattered them into their neighborhoods.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That is such an obvious "pass the blame" statement. It boggles the mind that people think he's even remotely an effective leader.

"Hey, it's not my fault you see homeless everywhere. If the fucking courts would stop insisting these things have rights, then I could bulldoze them out of your view!"

BTW, kind of important to point out that the federal courts out there would be Ds and the ACLU is the entity arguing in court against Newsom's horseshit.

You're not solving shit. You are simply trying to relocate the blight of homeless people. Studio mini-homes? Revamping a boat to become an apartment complex? They're nice at face value and that works for your base, but it's not a real solution to the constantly growing issue of homelessness.

And if the courts keep stopping your efforts, what exactly have you spent $15.3B on?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CA passing a bill to make it illegal to confront shoplifters.

What a utopia they're creating out there in CA.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Big retailers like Wal Mart already ignore you, and build a case with video footage, until you steal enough for it to be a felony. Then they sic the cops on you.

I can't see small retailers being able to afford that kind of surveillance-based shrink control, though. So it'll probably end up being legal to rob the local places blind until they go out of business and then everything is Wal Mart.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Walmart is already telling the world they aren't interested in dealing with this shit by pulling out of Portland and Chicago.

Walmart having to track shoplifters isn't free. There is a cost for that. Just like there's a cost for losing the merchandise. Sure, they get to write things off, but it doesn't make up for restocking, reordering, loss of foot traffic, and all the labor involved. Not to mention all the security measures they have to pay for.

Point being, it's a net loss.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I know it isn't free for WM to track it, I'm saying they're big enough to be able to spend that money. Local small places barely walking the lione of profitability won't be able to.

Maybe there's a opportunity there to make a company that's designed to track and destroy shoplifters. Yes, destroy. Local businesses will pay you for the service so they only get stolen from by that person, once.

Side note: I saw that Toledo was talking about extended TARTA bus service to the Oregon, OH Walmart. Oregon, OH, typically away from Toledo scum thieves. If that happens Oregon won't be the "good" Walmart, any more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:24 pm I know it isn't free for WM to track it, I'm saying they're big enough to be able to spend that money. Local small places barely walking the lione of profitability won't be able to.
What incentive does WM have to take on those costs though? They may be able to spend the money, but anything that impacts their bottom line won't please their Wall St masters.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

IDK, but they're doing it. Probably with the money they save not having cahiers, doing self-stealing checkout.

https://www.ncesc.com/does-walmart-buil ... oplifters/
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CA might help the nation with "right to repair" bill, but there's a catch.

At face value, this is awesome. Sure, it's an environmental win, but it's also a win for when you device needs a single thing fixed and the company behind it says you have to replace the whole thing. I'm looking at you Surface Books...

Here's the downside:
Though the bill is strong and should make repairs more available for everyone, it allows manufacturers to continue to engage in parts pairing, a practice by which they limit repairs with software blocks. They can also combine parts into expensive assemblies, which makes repairs more expensive.
A lot of people are skeptical about Apple's backing of the bill, and it's not hard to see why. How long before entire devices are called an assembly? That's already the case with the Surface Books. If the detachable monitor or the keyboard part goes bad, you can't buy a replacement for either. You just have to get a whole new Surface Book.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A whole bunch of big name stores are leaving SF.

What's the reason?
What's behind the exodus? Hybrid and fully remote companies may be partly to blame.
They really put that first, huh? I agree with them that it plays a role, but the bigger issue and probably a big factor in why people don't want to return to working downtown is:
Crime and safety may also be playing a role.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The store that sold the snow shovels that allowed people in SF to shovel the needles and feces off the sidewalks on their way to work kept getting shoplifted blind. As soon as the snow shovel store went out of business, it locked down the whole city.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok, here's one where I can actually agree with Newsome and CA.

Bans red dye No 3 and other harmful chemicals that are in our food.

Our food is poison and we need to enact strict laws ending this shit across the US just like Europe and Canada have done.