Halo 2 - SPOILERS

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I would bet on Halo 3 being a launch game for the new X-Box.

Could they at least have had a big battle at the end of Halo 2? Is that too much to ask?

I was playing it in coop mode and both of us fell into the lower chamber in the final fight. Neither of us scored the kill shot on the main enemy we were fighting. Stupid.

Fun game, but damn they don't know how to end an installment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

The ending sucked ass.
I didn't like being an alien.
I was ready to go back to Earth and play as masterchief... then it ended!

I found this for co-op people.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That link is hilarious.

And that's my point about the ending, there was no sense of closure on any issue. It just ended. There wasn't even a major end fight or major villian getting dispatched.

Just MC saying its time to head to Earth and its over.

Very poorly done.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Paul

Post by Paul »

I agree. They should have done something for closure. Simply pulling out a key after killing one guy is sort of sucky.

Things that would have been acceptable:
1) The Arbiter sacrificing his life to make something explode and prevent that Halo from working.

2) The evil Brute leader escapes in a massive ship after activating Halo. You have to take control of the ship and crash it into Halo before time runs out. (No "car chase" ending to crash it. Just a fight to the control room, a fight to put in coordinates, and a quick escape.)

3) Boobies.

4) The Halo's sequence is stopped, only to find an ironic twist that totally turns the tables and changes your perception of the whole Halo mythos. No, Earth being the Ark is not big enough.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

First of all, nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, would suffer from an addition of boobies. They're always welcome.

As for Halo, doesn't the existance of all these rings seem like overkill? I mean, if one wipes out the galaxy, why are there 4 or more of them in one galaxy?

Is it redundancy, bad strategic planning (guarding a WMD of that size would be hard, especially 4 of them), or did their technology and security suck so bad that they figured they needed a lot of backup plans as most of the rings wouldn't work?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I played Halo with my future brother-in-law a few weeks ago and there are hints at multiple rings that I didn't catch the first time. That Halo being "installation 4" for example.

My impression of the rings (from Halo 2) was that they worked together. Setting one off would start a chain reaction.

The failsafe (should the system fail) was located on the Ark (Earth).

I assume that "The Ark" is similiar to Noah's Ark. It was a safe place where life could take refuge. In this case, perhaps man is a decendant of whomever created the Halos (the Forerunners)? That would make sense, because it appears that only humans can use the keys to activate the Halos.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have a hunch we'll see when the X-Box 2 gets here.