Catt - Your upload app thingy

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Have you made any progress on your XML upload app thingy you were working on? I saw you had posted a URL and I tried it a few times. Once it uploaded, I got a 500 server error that said the page could not be displayed. It's wasn't a 'Page could not be found' error. Saw the path as /temp/myfilename. That would be a good start towards us tracking our skills so we know who could do what.

Any chance of the data being dumped into an excel spreadsheet format? I'd like to be able to do a side by side comparison of everyone's skills. See where people's strengths lie at a glance rather than opening multiple pages.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) Sort of - school/work get in the way. I've made a revised one: Peep this. (Revised HTML format only, doesn't do conversions at this link)
2) Yes. Ideally, I would store all uploaded values into a database, and then people could query/compare/do anything with them, including dump them into Excel auto-magically with a download link.
3) The program is currently on my laptop only, so during the day and when it's suspended, it won't be available. I'll move it to my server when it's more permanent.

I'm gonna try and do it in .Net 2.0 since it supposedly has some fancy new XML stuff going on. I'll prolly be able to whip something up this weekend (sans Excel for now).

Edited By TheCatt on 1138735844
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

http://mdc.dyndns.org:8081/EveOnline/CharacterUpload.aspx

Should be working right now. Tas just used it a few minutes ago. Just save you file as <charactername>.XML from the website, then upload it to this site, then post your HTML file link from the site.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

OOOoooo Pretty!!

Everyone start posting your links.

Taran TKV

FYI: Doing a basic cut and paste, it goes into excell quite nicely.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1139099073
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »