Italian court makes Italian gov't - actually look worse

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Full article.

Dime tour : Some CIA ops & their buddies dragged an extremist Muslim cleric & his buddies from the streets of Milan. Some years later ... Italy renders a verdict ...
Judge Oscar Magi handed an eight-year sentence to Robert Seldon Lady, a former C.I.A. station chief in Milan, and five-year sentences to 22 other Americans. Three of the other high-ranking Americans were given diplomatic immunity, including Jeffrey Castelli, a former C.I.A. station chief in Rome.

The judge did not convict three high-ranking Italians charged in the abduction, citing state secrecy, and a former head of Italian military intelligence, Nicolò Pollari, also received diplomatic immunity. All the Americans were tried in absentia and are considered fugitives.

So, the CIA agents get the proverbial book thrown at them, but the Italians involved get to hide behind state secrecy. What the fuck? Must be nice to live by a double standard, fuckwits.

EDIT : By the by ...
It seemed highly unlikely that anyone, Italian or American, would spend any time in jail.

Why the fuck even convene the court?

Edited By Malcolm on 1257369640
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, there are countries I need to avoid, too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."