Apple sucks

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

The 15 drops next week and is expected to have USB-C...finally.

Thanks EU!

Yet another example of how useless our politicians are.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

I am glad about it. But also don't love the EU overreach.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Was it overreach? It's not like they told the company what to do. They simply said, "If you want to do business here, this is what we require." (Or do I have the details wrong?)

It helped consumers and the environment. I really thought it was win-win.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Feels like they literally told Apple to change their connector. I hate that connector though
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:36 pm Feels like they literally told Apple to change their connector. I hate that connector though
They absolutely did, just not directly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Truth
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

At Kent state, design majors are required to have an iPad because the required software they use only runs on Apple.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:21 pm At Kent state, design majors are required to have an iPad because the required software they use only runs on Apple.
designers all use apple stuff anyway
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Because they were required to in college?
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:53 pm Because they were required to in college?
Probably.
Leisher
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by Leisher »

Apple thanks people who spent $17K on gold Apple watches by turning them into really expensive paper weights.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, if you had $17k to blow on an Apple Watch, do you really care?
Cakedaddy

Apple sucks

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would bet that all of the OG $17k Apple watch wearers have already upgraded to the newer $17k watch and don't care.

But also, if there are people still wearing them, good. Suck it. Idiots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

The Problem With Jon Stewart is gone
The New York Times reports that along with concerns about some of the guests booked to be on The Problem With Jon Stewart, Stewart’s intended discussions of artificial intelligence and China were a major concern for Apple. Though new episodes of the show were scheduled to begin shooting in just a few weeks, staffers learned today that production had been halted.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ahead of its decision to end The Problem, Apple approached Stewart directly and expressed its need for the host and his team to be “aligned” with the company’s views on topics discussed. Rather than falling in line when Apple threatened to cancel the show, Stewart reportedly decided to walk.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

Quite progressive.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »

I couldn't get my riding lawn mower to start, today. The headlights were coming on, but it wouldn't crank. It reminded me of the time when I did a ton of work on it changing the starter, then I found out the blades were engaged and it won't start with blades engaged.

So I looked back at that shifter, and I saw an apple that must have fallen off the tree when I mowed under it last time, and it kept the blade shifter from completely disengaging. I removed the apple, chuckled, and the mower started.

Apple sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by TheCatt »

I laughed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Apple sucks

Post by GORDON »