Razer Carcharias

Trooper

Post by Trooper »

So my Gamecom 780 headset (which was shit right out of the box to be honest) crapped out today. Won't get into exact details, but audio would cut in and out every 5 seconds when I used the headset with the sound drivers (which gave it all of its surround sound and EQ awesomeness), so I had to use it without the sound drivers. Gay, but sure enough today it started doing the same thing without the sound drivers installed. SO. Plantronic's makes shit headsets, from my personal experience, DON'T BUY THEM.

I replaced those shit buckets with a brand new pair of Razer Carcharias, which matches my new Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition keyboard perfectly . . . . On sale at BestBuy, normally an $80 headset but I got em for $60. First impression? Hoe. Lee. SHIT. These things are fucking AMAZING. Here's why.

They light up bright green, which is awesome. The sound quality is above average borderline mind-blown status (Especially for $80 headphones). They come with 3.5mm jacks for both the headphones and the mic (the shit Gamecom's only had USB, GAY) so I can finally utilize my MSI Gaming Z motherboard's dope ass integrated sound card. Also has a USB, used specifically to power these beastly headphones, power only. Extremely comfortable to wear, these things are honestly giving my old $350 pair of Sennheiser's a run for their money in almost every category. Features a cool little dongle about 2 feet down the cord from the headset side, that has volume control, voice volume control, bass volume control, and a mic mute. The bass control in my opinion is epic, seeing as I listen to a LOT of EDM while I game (I have amazing music taste i know thank you, thank you). Theres plenty of other little things that I love about this headset so far, but this is a review of just the important stuff that matters most.

HIGHLY recommend this pair of headphones to anybody looking to upgrade their gaming headset. So far, Razer makes a fantastic product for gamers in my experience. I'll definitely keep handing them money, they totally out do themselves on every product they kick out. Razer <3
Fucking amazing/10.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Razer Tiamat was the backup plan for my current headset. Company seems to put out decent shit. Gabe from PA was raving about their Krakens a year or so ago.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Are you bringing "gay" back?

I just bought a second set of Turtle Beach P11's, for my kid. Something like $30 on amazon. It is what I have been using for a couple years with zero issues, and my kid needed a set so I figure don't mess with success.

And your dad said: Does the fact they light up make them sound better?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

My test for quality headphones has been to listen to songs where one part's mixed in extremely well, almost seamlessly, like the bass can blend in. If I can hear the bass line, good sound. Test out the high ends listening to well done vocal harmonies. If I can pick out the lines separately, good sound.

The Turtle Beach Ear Force Z Tourney things I got have impressive directional audio capabilities for a headset.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

And your dad said: Does the fact they light up make them sound better?

Of course he said that. . . . Deep down he knows I'm right too, just can't admit it.

I looked at the Kraken, it was a close contender with the ones I picked. Couldn't find the pro version though, with the mic. The Tiamat looks insane, I'm afraid to look up the price for those bad boys.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Tiamat looks insane, I'm afraid to look up the price for those bad boys.

$170-180 range.